• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Busy Lamp Setting

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitewhite

Reaction score
Hi I am using v10 demo for test run, I setup 2 cisco SPA303 remote users and 4 extensions - 101 & 102 for operator(group ring set so lamp will flash on both users when someone calls in), 103 & 104 for extension of the remote users separately.
On each cisco SPA, I set line 1 for user own extension, line 2 for 101 and line 3 for 102.
I have no idea on how I can set as:-
1. 103 can notice from his phone if 104 is talking with somebody or vice versa
2. 103 can notice if 104 has picked up the incoming call or vice versa

Sorry I am newbie on IPPBX, please advise if the setting is correct and help on busy lamp setup.

I do not know if there is anyway to show the presence status of 4 phones with 3 buttons. Can they use myphone to see all the phones. Why do you use one line for the user's own extension. The user knows the status of his/her phone. If you do not have to use a line for its own extension then you can use 3 lines for the SPAs of 3 other extensions and everybody will be aware of the status of the other 3 phones. Of course this works for up to 4 phones and fails if/when you add another phone.

I don't think this is possible with SPA-303 or SPA-5xx. The only way to have BLF is using the BLF console SPA-500S with SPA-5xx phone. The other option is based on SIP forking meaning you register (via manual provisioning) each of the 3 lines in each of the SPA-303 phones as different extension in 3CX Phonesystem. The main disadvantage is simultaneous ringing of all of the phones.

Regards

thanks for your reply.

I noticed there are BLF setting under phone provision on each extension. Can I select BLF and extension there and let it works?

After reading some posts here, I noticed that phone provision may be helpful but need professional skill on doing the peremeter. Can somebody help on it? Also, how can I update the phone provision of remote user manually?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaayb512
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.