Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Busy signal when dialing partial extension number

Discussion in 'Windows' started by diriana, Mar 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. diriana

I am getting a busy signal after dialing '11' for internal calls to extension '112' and any other extension beginning with '11'. Busy signal occurs immediately after dialing the second '1'.

If I press "New Call" dial the extension then press "Send" the call goes through just fine. That is, dialing WITH a present dial tone fails. Without dial tone present it works.

All of my extensions are 3 digits and as far as I can tell I have no special extension numbers beginning with '11'.I'm using 3CX version 12 for Windows and Polycom VVX 310 phones.

Any ideas? Thanks.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I would guess that it has something to do with the sets internal dialplan. You would have to have a look it how it is now set-up and make changes to accommodate number combinations that are dialled. if set-up properly, it eliminates that need to hit the send button or wait for a time-out period.

This may also apply to your sets...

http://support.polycom.com/global/docum ... B11572.pdf

3. diriana

Thank you leejor!

This is exactly where my problem was. After a little education on creating a digitmap my 3-digit extensions all dial without the need to press "send."

Thanks so much for the help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.