Busy Transfer to Application?

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by Mullenlaw, Dec 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mullenlaw

I'm trying to solve a problem....

I am considering transfering calls when an extension is busy to an application...

The application would notify the user that the party is busy and give a couple options.

Question: How can I detect the extension that was CALLED?

Example: Extension 123 calls exten 456 and 456 is busy. The call is sent to the application.
    I want the application to know that 456 was the extension being called so I can record that and possibly forward the call to the users VoiceMail.

Ideas? Can it be done?
    :?:

2. VAD_Support

VAD_Support Active Member

Well, you can't get the original extension into the VAD callflow. But you may try to query the 3CX database (the CallHistory3 table) to get the original call path. I'm not sure if that table is written before or after the call is completed, so not sure if this would be possible, but you may give it a try.

Another possible solution could be creating a VAD application to handle the call before the first transfer. Then it requests the extension number and uses the Call Control API (http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/call-control-api/) into a .NET library in order to check if the extension is busy or not. If it is busy, then it offers the different options, but you already have the extension number. If it is not busy, then just transfers the call to the extension.

3. Mullenlaw

Is there a way to capture intercom calls and feed that into the app?

Or would the users need to dial the application and then the extension?

4. VAD_Support

Inbound calls from external number can be directed right to the application.
    Do you need this for internal calls?

5. Mullenlaw

Yes. Actually it's only real use is for internal calls. This is for a law office..

6. VAD_Support

I don't know any way to automatically transfer internal calls to the VAD app. You can encourage users to dial to the app, or try the first option i told you (query the 3CX database), but I'm not sure if it will work...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.