Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Busy Voice Mail

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by msauer, Feb 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. msauer

Is there a way to have a busy extension greet the caller with an recorded message of - I am currently on the phone, please leave a message. - and send to voice mail? There is a disconnect call with a busy tone and just voice mail, but there doesn't seem to be an option for busy notification then option to leave a voice mail.

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

is an extension ever actually busy? Do you mean a different greeting when someone is on the phone?
    -> "Hi It's John - I'm here but on the phone. Please leave me a message..."

We allow multiple calls to come into an extension... and if the person ignores it goes to voicemail.

A feature request might help... I know this exists in other systems.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

under extensions---->forwrarding rules---> unselect "i want to be able to accept more than one call a time. Next select if phone is busy goes to my VM. When someone calls and that indivual is on the line the call will go to vm.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I think that he want one message for ring-no-answer, and a different one for one for busy (actually on a call).

5. tsukraw

tsukraw New Member

This is a feature that we would love to see.
    3com NBX had a feature like this and we have been picking away at replacing all those old systems.
    Every customer seems to know about that feature and still wants it. Would love to see it added.

6. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

Simple...

As jPillow suggested, setup FWD to your regular VM when Available and create another phantom user extension with the Busy message. Then set your profile to to send the call there on Busy/Unregistered. Set the phantom user to Notify via email with attachment and delete from mailbox.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.