Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

buttons to send a 'canned' chat response to a caller

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ajpoole, Aug 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ajpoole

Hi,
    I have a customer who requested the following feature.
    He is always very busy and likes all his calls fielded by his pa/others, but does need to occasionally pick up a call from someone important. He also spends loads of time on his mobile phone and cant answer his desk phone at the same time.

* He wants to be able to see the people calling his line, i.e. not DND
    * Ideally he would like to know the number/name of anyone on hold, when someone rings him to put a call through.
    * He would like to be able to set up a number of 'canned' responses and be able to send one of them at the press of a button to the person putting the call through. (like "Please say I'll ring back within 10 mins" or "Please say I'm out" or "Please put them through.")

I was thinking the chat feature would be great for this - does anyone know if any of the api's include chat?
    I'm thinking of a popup app which annouces external calls (headed for certain monitored extensions) which includes buttons for sending the 'canned' chat messages, one for attempting a transfer to someone (perhaps a combobox to choose the person, maybe also the status of the person) this button sends a message like "Jeff, I have XXXXXXX on hold for you?"
    Jeff then pushes one of his buttons.

I'm a .Net software developer so I dont mind knocking something together, but thought I'd post here in case anything like this was in the pipeline or anyone had done anything similar?

Is there a way to add to the MyPhone web app?

I realise this is quite a bespoke request, but I think that integrating chat simultaneously with the call could be a really powerful feature?

Hope this makes sense!

Cheers

Andrew

2. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Have you tried monitoring the calls with ring group or queue and using just MyPhone -- you should be able to achieve satisfactory result (boss/assistant functionality).

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Ideasmiths

Andrew,

I was also working along the same line about 2 months back to now. The canned speeches I needed is for a call center whereby the standard 'script' is played at the press of a button(s) so that the other party can hear it. I am a beginner .NET programmer that is just started my journey form the VBA side. I was trying to put these onto outlook 2010.

The research I done points to the using of virtual sound drivers because Microsoft did not expose streaming sound through the microphone to prevent a single program from controlling the the audio channel. Perhaps silverlight 4 (which Myphone is based on) has this capability but I didn't have the time to persuade. Also the new Game API XNA may have this.

There is a free API at http://www.datanab.com/audio/VAcard.htm and a couple of paid ones. Perhaps you can code something up. So far, seem like creating a virtual sound driver is the only solution.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.