• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

buttons to send a 'canned' chat response to a caller

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajpoole

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a customer who requested the following feature.
He is always very busy and likes all his calls fielded by his pa/others, but does need to occasionally pick up a call from someone important. He also spends loads of time on his mobile phone and cant answer his desk phone at the same time.

* He wants to be able to see the people calling his line, i.e. not DND
* Ideally he would like to know the number/name of anyone on hold, when someone rings him to put a call through.
* He would like to be able to set up a number of 'canned' responses and be able to send one of them at the press of a button to the person putting the call through. (like "Please say I'll ring back within 10 mins" or "Please say I'm out" or "Please put them through.")

I was thinking the chat feature would be great for this - does anyone know if any of the api's include chat?
I'm thinking of a popup app which annouces external calls (headed for certain monitored extensions) which includes buttons for sending the 'canned' chat messages, one for attempting a transfer to someone (perhaps a combobox to choose the person, maybe also the status of the person) this button sends a message like "Jeff, I have XXXXXXX on hold for you?"
Jeff then pushes one of his buttons.

I'm a .Net software developer so I dont mind knocking something together, but thought I'd post here in case anything like this was in the pipeline or anyone had done anything similar?

Is there a way to add to the MyPhone web app?

I realise this is quite a bespoke request, but I think that integrating chat simultaneously with the call could be a really powerful feature?

Hope this makes sense!

Cheers

Andrew

Have you tried monitoring the calls with ring group or queue and using just MyPhone -- you should be able to achieve satisfactory result (boss/assistant functionality).

Regards

Andrew,

I was also working along the same line about 2 months back to now. The canned speeches I needed is for a call center whereby the standard 'script' is played at the press of a button(s) so that the other party can hear it. I am a beginner .NET programmer that is just started my journey form the VBA side. I was trying to put these onto outlook 2010.

The research I done points to the using of virtual sound drivers because Microsoft did not expose streaming sound through the microphone to prevent a single program from controlling the the audio channel. Perhaps silverlight 4 (which Myphone is based on) has this capability but I didn't have the time to persuade. Also the new Game API XNA may have this.

There is a free API at http://www.datanab.com/audio/VAcard.htm and a couple of paid ones. Perhaps you can code something up. So far, seem like creating a virtual sound driver is the only solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.