Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

BYE not send from the called party.

Discussion in 'Windows' started by 3CX_Wave, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3CX_Wave

In the the following situation, the called party does not send a BYE message when he disconnects from 3CXPhone in Windows, both version 5 and 6. All else works just fine, sound, DTMF tones, conversation,...

User-1 dials the remote server which runs a Dialogic HMP PBX.
    User-1 presses 7 to be able to select the user to dial in the IVR.
    User-1 presses the 4 digit number of the user to dial.
    User-2 receives the call from User-1 and picks up.
    User-2 presses 8 to stop the information message from the server.
    User-1 is now connected with User-2 and they talk.
    User-2 hangs up ⇒ No BYE is sent.
    User-1 does not hear anything any more so hangs up. ⇒ BYE is sent to the server. (Normally User-1 drops back into the IVR and can do other stuff)
    The server sends a BYE to User-2 as part of the cleanup procedure.

This has been tested where all 3 parties are in different cities.
    I attached Wireshark log files from both the server and the users pc (not the same calls) where User-1 calls to himself , which has the same result and has the benefit of having all data in 1 log file.

Is this a 3CX Phone bug or is there a setting I need to adjust ?

2. 3CX_Wave

It looks like the problem has been solved by setting the outbound caller id on the PBX to the same domain as the Users.
    Originally the PBX send “I_am_your_PBX”, the Users where “User@mydomain.com”
    Setting the PBX to send “I_am_your_PBX@mydomain.com” fixed the issue.

The reason why User-1 did not hear anything anymore was due to a test where User-1 dials itself, as a result 2 channels are open on the same softphone and switching between channels makes the sound disapear.
    When testing with remote cities User-2 did misunderstand what I meant with not hearing anything.

A new problem appeared during the test.
    As long as User-2 has performed a call to the PBX, User-1 can be connected to User-2 through the PBX.
    As soon as User-2 logs out/in or has not been contacted in 2-5 minutes he is no longer reachable.

EDIT: This new problem does not occur on my colleague's home computer, so I assume this has to to with the way my NAT works.
    I guess a SIP/RTP proxy setup is in order.
    EDIT: My NAT is symmetric and possed the above problem, I fixed this using openSIPS and rtpproxy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.