Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

bye vs cancel

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mixig, Apr 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mixig

mixig Active Member

Hi,

it is going like this: 3cx connected to local voip provider, everything is working BUT: if someone from outside is calling through sip trunk my IP phone (yealinks, grandstreams..) and hang up before the call is answered there is no missed call notification on the phone. I take a look with wireshark and saw that my local provider for unanswered calls is sending me BYE instead CANCEL, and 3cx is forwarding then CANCEL message to the phone but with :
    REASON Header line:
    Reason: SIP ;cause=200 ;text="User hangup" and there is no missed call notification on phone screen

Normal scenario is that provider send me for unanswered call CANCEL, with that i have:
    Reason: SIP ;cause=487 ;text="Request Terminated in cancel message and there is also a missed call on phone screen (work with every other provider).

Question: by RFC 3261 is it regular to send BYE for unanswered calls? I know that is not right procedure but I contacted my local provider and they said it is regular message and then can`t change that, who has right???
    http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3261.txt

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.