bye vs cancel

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mixig, Apr 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mixig

mixig Active Member

Hi,

it is going like this: 3cx connected to local voip provider, everything is working BUT: if someone from outside is calling through sip trunk my IP phone (yealinks, grandstreams..) and hang up before the call is answered there is no missed call notification on the phone. I take a look with wireshark and saw that my local provider for unanswered calls is sending me BYE instead CANCEL, and 3cx is forwarding then CANCEL message to the phone but with :
    REASON Header line:
    Reason: SIP ;cause=200 ;text="User hangup" and there is no missed call notification on phone screen

Normal scenario is that provider send me for unanswered call CANCEL, with that i have:
    Reason: SIP ;cause=487 ;text="Request Terminated in cancel message and there is also a missed call on phone screen (work with every other provider).

Question: by RFC 3261 is it regular to send BYE for unanswered calls? I know that is not right procedure but I contacted my local provider and they said it is regular message and then can`t change that, who has right???
    http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3261.txt

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.