Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

C# Call Control API MakeCall Help

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by vtech, Mar 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vtech

Does anybody know what options you can put in the second parameter which can take a Dictionary<string, string> in the PBXConnection.MakeCall method? I was wondering if there is a way to specify the caller ID using that parameter, however, I can't find any documentation on this method that gives the available options to pass to it. Any and all help is appreciated.

2. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

There is documentation for this method in source code, but neither NDoc nor Sand Castle generate it. At least I didn't find a way to enforce them to put it into the API documentation.

In any case, this method is designed to serve very specific call scenarios and it doesn't provide requested functionality.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. abc123

abc123 Active Member

Can you expand on the "Very specific call scenarios" Stepan? Might help in an app we are writing for a customer

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. vtech

Is there any way you could post the parameters that are available to pass to this method on this forum so we know what we have to work with? I appreciate your help.

5. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

it doesn't provide requested functionality. It is for sure.
    "Very specific call scenarios"="for internal use"
    If you develop applications then you should know about problems related to the situation when your application use "undocumented" functions.

This method of PBXConnection object is not a "Wunderwaffe". It doesn't provide predictible and useful functionality...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.