call 0 before calling out.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by tranza, Jul 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tranza

Hi,

I have recently installed 3cx, i want to know if im able to make the users have to dial #0 to be able to call out. Since one have the extension of 112. If we need to make an emergency call it will call the local extension and go to an user.

Thanks alot for the help if you reply on this i would be an happy camper :)

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The usual outbound prefix is "9", (or "1" in New Zealand), however you can use what ever you want. You have to create an outbound rule to accommodate the prefix you choose. If local calls were, for example 7 digits long (that is what your provider wants to see), you would create a rule called Local Calls. any call staring with 0 (or 0 and another digit). It would be 8 digits in length, routed to the outgoing trunk, strip 1 digit (that would be the zero) and prepend none.

You would also need a four digit rule, 0112, to route emergency calls, stripping the first digit again. You may also have to create other rules to accommodate long distance, international calls any any other "special" numbers" that don't fall into the other categories.

3. mfm

mfm Active Member

Yep, that pretty much sums up a great explenation. Good Job Leejor.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. tranza

Tnx alot for the help, alot of companys here in Sweden atleast you have to dial 0 to be able to make external calls.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.