Call accounting

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by craigreilly, Dec 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Our Accounting Department would like a monthly breakdown of calls by department for allocation.

1) Does anyone know how to eliminate bridge calls that are "free"?
    2) Do inbound calls show as the receptionist or does the call time then transfer to the extension?
    3) What happens to extensions part of multiple groups/departments?
    4) Can I connect to the Call History using a more powerful reporting platform like Crystal Reports?

Call Statistic Reports do not break down by Group.
    Advanced Reports do not show inbound calls it seems.

Seems no easy solution.Even exporting the logs to a SQL Database might be a lot of work.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Craig, you might want to check out Call Accounting Mate. 3CX used this package when developing the call billing interface for the hotel PMS module. They have a free trial. Not sure how well it will meet your need, but may be worth a try.

3. craigreilly

thanks for the tip... I'll take a look.
    I guess I could get subaccounts from my VoIP Provider and split up the calls by group for outbound calls - but I hate to have 4 more sets of rules.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. 3CXusername

3CXusername New Member

We ended up using SIP Print

http://sipprint.com/products/call-accounting/

5. craigreilly

They do not appear to be interop with 3cx. Does this latch onto the database and void your support with 3cx?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.