• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Call Announce for Ring Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

shuey227

Reaction score
I've setup a call ring group for Sales and also for Tech Support (my phone is a member of both groups).

Is there a way to identify which group they are calling for? Or if it is for my direct extension? My phone will ring for sales, tech support and also my x711 extension, but I won't know the nature of the call before I pick it up.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Just need to assigned 2 different extension to your phone. Such as line1 for sales, line2 for tech support. The phone indicator will show the nature of the call.

Can multiple phones use the same extension? There are a few people in each call group...

shuey227 said:
Can multiple phones use the same extension? There are a few people in each call group...

No. Ring group implemented as special configuration object in our PBX.
Only one phone can represent one extension at the time.

I tried using a shared extension as well and it only rang at 1 phone. So this for now is true.

If it's not a shared extension then you can have a couple on the same phone. I was able to have ext1 setup for 100 and ext2 for 101. Each one rang seperately. This is with Linksys SPA-942 phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.