Call Assistant can't find server

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Bob, Aug 9, 2007.

1. Bob

Bob

Hi,

I've two 3CX Servers running. I find that 3CX Call Assistant will only find one of them. I believe Call Assistant is finding the IP address of the server because it does NOT pop up the message "Error. Server unreachable", but rather just sits there with nothing displayed.

I have no problem with my softephones finding both servers. I've got Call Assistant installed on two machines, and it fails the same way on both of them.

Taking down Windows XP firewall doesn't help and all machines are on the same NAT router, so I can't see how that firewall could be a problem.

Any ideas?

2. gbarnes

3CX CA

Nobody seems to be replying so I thought Id have a try. I manage to replicate your error.

The CA connects to your 3CX server, port 5480 and tries to load the script srv_status.php

Try this in your web browser, what does it do?

http://[3CX SERVER IP]:5481/ca_server.php

Do you get an xml file returned? Something like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
    - <data>
    <return session_id="" code="7" />
    <status code="0" ver="FREE" q_status="0" />
    </data>

I disabled my script and it just froze like you described.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

3. Bob

Bob

Yes, I do the same xml back on the working machine. However, on the failing machine, I get the following:

Warning: Error parsing C:/Program Files (x86)/3CX PhoneSystem/Data/Http/functions/data.ini on line 2 in C:\Program Files (x86)\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Http\ca_server.php on line 16

Notice: Undefined index: db_password in C:\Program Files (x86)\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Http\ca_server.php on line 18

Notice: Undefined index: db_user in C:\Program Files (x86)\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Http\ca_server.php on line 19

Notice: Undefined index: config_path in C:\Program Files (x86)\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Http\ca_server.php on line 20

4. Ads

Ads

Call Assistant Problems

I have the same trouble with CA as Bob eg. CA doesn't display anything and most options are greyed out. Tried gbarnes suggestion of opening ca_server.php in a browser and get the same undefined index errors.

Has anyone found a solution to this yet?

Thanks.

5. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

As another troubleshooting step can you get to the 3CX management page on both machines?
    http://servername_or_IP:5481/login.php

If not check the firewall and make sure port 5481 is open on the 3CX boxes.

6. Bob

Bob

Yes, I can get to the 3CX management page just fine. One 3CX server is installed on Windows Server 2003 (this is the machine that CA can not find). The other 3CX server is on Windows XP and CA can find this one just fine.

Windows Server 2003 does not have a firewall installed by default and I never put one up either.

Windows XP does have a firewall, but I have disabled it just in case.

7. Ralph

Ralph Member

Good morning

Good morning Bob,

I want to make sure I have a good picture of your systems:

1. Are both 3CX servers on the same subnet?
    2. Do you have any type of traffic shaping, QOS, or routing policies in place that might be effecting your network traffic?
    3. There are no firewalls in place between either of the servers and the call assistant machine?
    4. Do Both servers have static IP addresses?
    5. Are you inputting IP addresses or URL names for the servers into Call assistant?
    6. What type of network are the machines on? Peer to Peer? Domain?
    7. Can you ping both servers from the machine with Call Assistant using IP address and/or the server name depending on which you have inputted into Call Assistant?

Take care,

8. Ads

Ads

Hi Bob,

Interesting that the system you have with CA problems is running Server 2003 also and like you 3CX management works fine for me too. I've tried CA on the Server itself and several XP clients also earlier versions of CA with identical results.

I guess I'll have to keep monitoring this thread.

Ads.

9. Costas3CX

Costas3CX New Member

Guys I hope this is not out of context, but what version of 3cx and what version of call assistant are you running? This is starting to remind me of some old bug we had...

Please make sure you have the latest version of 3cx Software 2434 and the latest call assistand available inside 3cx.

Regards

10. Ads

Ads

Hi Costas3CX,

I'm using the latest version (v.2434) of 3CX along with the corresponding version of CA.

A clue to the cause of the fault seems to me to be that when I punch http://[3CX SERVER IP]:5481/ca_server.php into a browser I get the same return as gbarnes posted earlier eg. 'Notice: Undefined index' I just have no idea as to what this indicates.

Cheers,
    Ads.

11. silentfun

silentfun Member

Re: 3CX CA

never use old favorit links :)

http://[3CX SERVER IP]:5481/login.php

try this

12. Ads

Ads

Hi Silentfun,

If I go to the link as you suggest up pops 3CX management as I would expect. I guess by confirming this we can establish that all the networking is functioning and that Apache is serving up PHP on port 5481 etc.

The problem I and Bob are having is with Call Assistant which as I understand uses a similar mechanism but calls ca_server.php instead of login.php hence us performing the test you quoted.

Cheers for your input!

Ads.

13. Ads

Ads

Anyone,

Could my problems be due to running 3CX on Windows Server 2003 x64 ?

Thanks!

14. tjabaut

tjabaut New Member

I would say no. Their if fundamentally no difference between Windows 32/64 in terms of networking. A port is a port is a port; otherwise you would not be able to talk to many sites on the internet, as they have been using 64-bit OS's for some time now.

the 64-bit portion only deals with architextural changes in the way the system handles data and routing of processing (amung other things).

Does anyone know if the CA is using any type of broadcast or multicast, since these are both on the same subnet on the same NAT'd router they are both in the same broadcast domain.

Just reaching, but my two cents anyways.

15. gbarnes

data.ini

Do you have a valid DATA.INI file in

C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Http\functions

Open it and have a look and check the paths etc.

I renamed mine and got THE SAME errors as you above.

This is getting at me :twisted:

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So,

We have no firewalls installed,
    We have no virus checkers installed
    We have no DNS installed
    We have no DHCP running
    We have no IPV6
    The IP used is unique on the network (just checking)

Sorry to barge in like this, every now and then my CA complains about the login in, but comes good after a while.

17. Ads

Ads

Hi People,

I've just built a Windows 2003 Server x32 virtual machine running under the x64 host that I have been having problems with, installed 3CX, backup/restored the config and low and behold call assistant is now working. The only conclusion I can draw is that 3CX (in my configuration) doesn't work fully under x64 2003 Server - guess I'll have to wait for an x64 compiled version of 3CX unless someone can come up with a fix (beyond me I'm afraid).

Thanks to everybody for your input trying to solve my problem.

Cheers,
    Ads.

18. gbarnes

Wow!

That amazed me!

3CX is really in parts, theres PHP, EXE, and the POSTGRE database.

Your server works under x64
    I believe PHP does too
    So could it be something with Postgre?

When I have more time and Im at work, Ill try to look into this as it may effect more users later. If anyone finds out more please post! the errors shown are definatly PG errors due to the fact it couldnt find the PHP variables. Just why I dont yet know.

19. Ads

Ads

Hi gbarnes,

Just to re-cap:

Everything appears to work fine under 2003 x64 except for Call Assistant which logs in fine - just doesn't display any thing useful.

When I put http://[3CX_server_ip]:5481/ca_server.php into a browser I get the same undefined index errors as bob noted earlier in the thread.

If this is a Postgre problem I couldn't say. I have searched the Forum and nickbrg (3CX Support) has mentioned 'known issues' under 2003 x64 but doesn't mention much else except for not recommending x64.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks,
    Ads.

20. tjabaut

tjabaut New Member

Costas,

How is the CA contacting the server. I mean what method does it use to communicate.

According to searches on Google there is abolutely no diffenece in the TCP/IP stack between the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of windows.