Call Barge in from Deskphone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by aslampa, Apr 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aslampa

Is call barge in/listen can be initiated from desk phone? if what is the command for it

2. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

Hi aslampa,

Is this a desktop telephone which is stand-alone or is it in CTI mode with 3CX softphone?

Also what is the version of 3CX, deskphone brand, model and firmware version also?

3. aslampa

Its CTI with 3cx phone and work well when we initiate the barge in from soft phone.

3CX V 15.5 Pro and Desk phones we use Fanvil X3S and Grand Stream GXP 1610/1620

4. Saqqara

Saqqara Well-Known Member

There is not dial code for it, I think you have to use 3CX client or webclient

5. aslampa

I think it would be great feature more call centers interested in and 3CX will look in to this shortly

6. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

I would agree I think it is soft client only (but CTI is ok) request it as a feature request on the ideas site if you want it added.

7. voiptoys

voiptoys Active Member

It is possible using a Call Flow Designer (CFD) and the 3CX Call Control API. However, how do you determine which call to barge into? The CFD would have to prompt you for the extension engaged in the call you want to barge into. For example, when you press the button, it would say something like "To barge into an active call, please enter the desired extension number". Naturally barge rights would still be enforced.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    jimbo59 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.