Call billing info question**NTF

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Discovery Technology, Apr 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Discovery Technology

Some calls are untimed whilst others are charged by the minute (and of course sometimes flagfall is also included)

Would it be possible to add some more functionality to the call billing feature by including an additional column that allows you to tell the system if the call is a flat-rate or timed call for certain prefixes?

This would help make the billing reporting more accurate in some instances.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Re: Call billing info question

Hi Discovery

But how can we differentiate between what is charged or not? We just see the duration at that point. Unless the prefixes are common and you know that those are flatrate. You can change this if you want. Billing section. You can charge differently per country or add your own local telco prefixes or and other combination you want. Then you set a price based on a % pre minute.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. austserve

Hi 3CX,
    I've just started playing with billing & I also need a flat rate option. To determine what calls are flat rate is to match the prefix like you do now but simply add switchs/radio buttons/field to change the calculation part of the billing.

eg
    Table would be
    Country Prefix Rate Flag Method
    somewhere 04 0.18 0.20 Time
    elsewhere 02 0.30 0.0 Flat

Rules would be
    if prefix match 04 then duration x rate + flag = charge
    if prefix match 02 then 1 x rate + flag = charge

Hope this happens :)

4. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Yes but u need to configure the added increase in the rate from the billing section. You can make a custom billing rate depending on the number prefix.

5. austserve

Sorry, but I don't understand what you're saying.

That, I know. At the moment I can set any rate to any prefix. That is ok. The problem is the system multiplies the rate by the time of the call for billing. I need to be able to set the rate as flat, eg doesn't multiply by time.

The problem with the billing section is you can only set a rate per minute. There is no flat option or flagfall option. As far as the billing section goes, it looks like a simple spreadsheet/database calculation. A coule of switches and an add should fix this problem. (Not suggesting that it's a simple task)

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The issue is that the "flagfall" option isn't used in many countries/areas. It is used in places like Australia and then you have places such as Mexico where you can get so may "free" local calls then they begin billing you per call. To support users everywhere you need to be able to really customize the billing options beyond what is now available.

There also has to be enough of a demand to make this happen, submit your feature requests...http://3cx.ideascale.com/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.