Call By Name confusion

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by amehpurt, Oct 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amehpurt

Hello everyone,

I trying to use the "Call by name" feature and there are a few quirks I'm trying to get around.

1)There is no way to do a Call by First Name, we don't use last name with our clients so there is no way for them to figure this out.
    -I added the first name as the last name in the extension. Is there a way to just use the first name.

2)If I use the "Call by name" option, and I enter the three letters the system says "extension unavailable" for anyone not registered to the system.
    -Shouldn't this use the same path that 3CX uses when you enter an extension that is not registered.

3)Otherwise, I will just have to setup an IVR with all the extensions, but I risk having to change them every time we add/remove someone.
    -Any suggestions, best practices?

thanks,

2. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

In order to use the call by name feature from digital receptionist each extensions has to have their VM setup and they have to record their name as well otherwise dial by name will get an error.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. cobaltit

cobaltit Active Member

You can try this for call by first name:

http://www.3cx.com/forums/call-by-name-using-first-name-34561.html

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.