Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

"Call by Name" not working for an extension

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Ben C, Jun 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ben C

"Call by name" is not working for one extension (at least). It works for a few I tested.
    Last name is "Goodness" and when I press 466 (for Goo) on the phone, I get "extension not found".
    Any Idea what could be the reason?

Thank you
    Ben

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Make sure the user has recorded his self-identification message through the voice mail. If the message is not recorded the call by name feature will not work.

I just did a test in the office with the last name you provided us and i can confirm it works from a few different phones.

You could also refer to the system manual link below, page 70 to review the correct procedure

http://www.3cx.com/manual/3CXPhoneSystemManual14.pdf

3. Ben C

Yes, you are right.

There is a last name Qu and adding the 0 after 78 didn't work. It works when I change the last name from Qu to Quu, but I will need his permission to do the change. Any suggestion?

Thank you

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

If you navigate to Troubleshooting>>Parameters and search for CALLBYNAME_MINLEN you will see the value of the parameter being set to 3.

You can change that to 2 digits so it will match Qu as you want. But have in mind that this could cause some issues if you have surnames that match for the first 2 digits.

Searching with 3 digits, limits the chances of the PBX matching wrong surnames.

5. Ben C

Thank you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.