"Call by Name" not working for an extension

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Ben C, Jun 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ben C

"Call by name" is not working for one extension (at least). It works for a few I tested.
    Last name is "Goodness" and when I press 466 (for Goo) on the phone, I get "extension not found".
    Any Idea what could be the reason?

Thank you
    Ben

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Make sure the user has recorded his self-identification message through the voice mail. If the message is not recorded the call by name feature will not work.

I just did a test in the office with the last name you provided us and i can confirm it works from a few different phones.

You could also refer to the system manual link below, page 70 to review the correct procedure

http://www.3cx.com/manual/3CXPhoneSystemManual14.pdf

3. Ben C

Yes, you are right.

There is a last name Qu and adding the 0 after 78 didn't work. It works when I change the last name from Qu to Quu, but I will need his permission to do the change. Any suggestion?

Thank you

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

If you navigate to Troubleshooting>>Parameters and search for CALLBYNAME_MINLEN you will see the value of the parameter being set to 3.

You can change that to 2 digits so it will match Qu as you want. But have in mind that this could cause some issues if you have surnames that match for the first 2 digits.

Searching with 3 digits, limits the chances of the PBX matching wrong surnames.

5. Ben C

Thank you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.