Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Solved Call by name option is dropping the call

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Rogerio Sa, Feb 16, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogerio Sa

Hello,

I setup my 3cx v15 system a while back and all has been working correctly since. I have the Digital Assistant and when the caller dials 1 this usually takes them to call by name which use to work.
    My last name is "Sa" so I was looking in the forums for how to make it so that the minimum letters someone needs to press to find me is 2 instead of the default 3.
    I found a thread which led me to change the setting "CALLBYNAME_MINLEN" to 2, however after I did that, when a call the main line and press option 1 for "Dial by name" the line drops.
    I even reverted the setting back to 3 and this continues to happen.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Rogerio Sa

Please make sure that after a change is made in the custom parameters all 3CX services are restarted. If you haven't restarted the services please do so and let us know of the results. Also note that changes in the custom parameters are not supported as they may break the functionality of the PBX.

Rogerio Sa likes this.
  3. Rogerio Sa

Hello,

I did not realize that I would need to restart the service so I had to wait for the maintenance window before I could do it. That fixed the problem. Thank you.

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad to see the issue has been resolved and thank you for the update

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.