• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Call by Name prompt

Status
Not open for further replies.

cfive

Free User
Reaction score
V8, January release.

Most of the prompts in 3CX are pretty well done. I've got a customer that wants to the call by name feature active.

The prompt is horrible, in both content and quality. "please enter user name" is all you get. Plug you nose and repeat the phrase out loud and you approximate the voice ;-).

It seems this prompt is generated from multiple system files? So, I'm not sure how to go about changing it.

Any pointers are much appreciated!.

Thanks - Les.

Change the prompt yourself.

We do not hardcode the prompts. They are available to record, download etc.

Change this

please_enter.wav

and this

UserName.wav

Note: I don't think it is that bad - Be careful because you might make another prompt set sentence ugly because Please Enter is used in many other prompts.

Thanks - is there a way to find out where else these two .wav files (or any of the files, for that matter) are used? A list, even?

- Les.

Its a bit hard to tell you where they are used.

The best way is to change them and try the ivr. You will notice immediately.

Of course you cannot change the files and deploy it live immediately. You have to at least spend 2 hours testing your new IVR.

TIP -

YOu can see exactly the file names that are being used and how they are split.
Go to Logs and set to verbose.
Restart IVR service
Open logs location in %allusersprofile% etc etc and open with real time log viewer application the IVR service trace Log - Make sure it is the trace. You might not see the file names in the normal file.

Then keep a phone in front of you and the log file on a screen and start dialing a sequence you will remember in IVR. You will see the file names. Anywhere you see PLEASE ENTER.wav or any file you need, then that it where it is used.

Thanks - I'll give it a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.