Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Call By Name

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by cbongard, Dec 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cbongard

We have a user who has a two letter last name. The Call By Name feature requires THREE letters. I have tested and the user cannot be reached through Call By Name.

Is there a solution to this?

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

check Advanced Settings - Customer Parameter
    Search for "NAME"

CALLBYNAME_MINLEN Minimal length of number for call by name 3
    CALLBYNAME_MAXLEN Maximal length of number for call by name -1

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. cbongard

Excellent. That worked!

Now I'm looking for a way to fix the prompt. Currently the prompt says "first three letters...."

I found the prompt wav file that I could replace with one I record....but....the prompt is actually broken in to two wav files.
    "Please Enter"+"the first three letters...."

So if I replace both, the "please enter" prompt that is used somewhere else would be my voice (male), with the default (female). That, unfortunately, would be a bit strange. I can re-record them all...but not something I REALLY want to do.

My question is then: is there a way to change the "Call by Name" prompt to only use ONE WAV file?

4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

why not find a similar voice at fiverr.com and pay $5 for a pro recording...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.