• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Call By Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbongard

Reaction score
We have a user who has a two letter last name. The Call By Name feature requires THREE letters. I have tested and the user cannot be reached through Call By Name.

Is there a solution to this?

check Advanced Settings - Customer Parameter
Search for "NAME"

CALLBYNAME_MINLEN Minimal length of number for call by name 3
CALLBYNAME_MAXLEN Maximal length of number for call by name -1

Excellent. That worked!

Now I'm looking for a way to fix the prompt. Currently the prompt says "first three letters...."

I found the prompt wav file that I could replace with one I record....but....the prompt is actually broken in to two wav files.
"Please Enter"+"the first three letters...."

So if I replace both, the "please enter" prompt that is used somewhere else would be my voice (male), with the default (female). That, unfortunately, would be a bit strange. I can re-record them all...but not something I REALLY want to do.

My question is then: is there a way to change the "Call by Name" prompt to only use ONE WAV file?

why not find a similar voice at fiverr.com and pay $5 for a pro recording...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.