Call By Name

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by voip20, Feb 29, 2016.

Call By Name 5 5 6votes
5/5, 6 votes

1. voip20

Want the Feature of Directory Search ( Call By Name ) to be both First Name and Last Name

cakahl likes this.
  2. DSXDATA

DSXDATA New Member

Better than 50% of our clients prefer "first-name" for call by name because they feel that their clients always know their first names but rarely know their last names. So, frustratingly, for those clients, we record a call by first name message - and then of course re-record it whenever personnel changes occur.

End the silliness, add the option to use either last name or first name for the lookup.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    cakahl likes this.
  3. cakahl

First name should be an option. Most external callers don't know the last name of the person they're trying to reach.

4. Lev

Lev New Member

I don't see this missing at all.
    In my 3CX Client i can just type in a last name or a first name and it will show me the results.
    This also works the same way if i go to "contacts"

5. DSXDATA

DSXDATA New Member

Hey Lev,

We're talking about the directory listing that callers hear. Unfortunately it only lists by last name. A lot of our clients are small companies where people only know each other's first name. They complain about this a lot and wonder why we can't change something so simple...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    accentlogic likes this.
  6. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

7. sbowers

3CX please do this!! I get this request on nearly every install and its getting really annoying!!! I know you state that the last name is UNIQUE, which I get but no one cares about UNIQUENESS! They just want to be able to get to the person they want to talk to.

8. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

The other problem with last name - so many ways to spell a name.
    My last name is REILLY.
    or is it RILEY or RYLEY or REELEE or REYLEIGH?

9. Lev

Lev New Member

Well... that a last name is unique... is simply NOT TRUE. There are a lot of last names, that are pretty common, in germany at least.
    But anyway, the search should always work for First Name, Last Name and Company Name