• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Call Center - Call Queues - Change Barge In - Listen - Whisper to.

mmisolution

Reaction score
Hi,

I come to you with a request.

We have been testing the call center queues.... and queue manager.

From what I have been able to see/check/reproduce, we experiment the following behaviour:

When a customer calls the queue... an "agent" takes the call --> So fare so good, Agent is talking to customer...

Then, the "manager" choose one of the following in the "windows 3cx client", in receptionist view
- Barge In
- Listen
- Whisper to ...

Those 3 functions work ok .... we have been able to test and it does what it is suppose to do BUT ... because there is a BUT...

It seems it is NOT possible to "switch" mode..... which is annoying...

Imagine this situation:
1. customer calls the queue and a "agent" answers.
2. the queue manager get into the call in "Listen" mode...
3. The queue manager feels the agent needs some help ----- > The manager is unable to switch in "whisper to" mode, to give the agent some advice....
4. the agent gets into deeper problem, the queue manager is also UNABLE to switch to "Barge In" ...

I have been told by the support that it is by design...

Hope in a near futur, you will implemente the possibility for the manager, to change status....

Thanks for your product or/and your reply

Upvote 8
Would be great if we could change from listen to whisper. Sometimes listening is fine, but then we just need to whisper to our call agent but can't easily switch over. Is there a way to change from listen towhisper?

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.