Call completed elsewhere missing in ring groups

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Roland Käser, Oct 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roland Käser

Hallo

When joining some physical phones to a ring group with the strategy ring all and the call is taken by one of the phones, all other phones should get a sip package:

CSeq: 19814 CANCEL
    Reason: Q.850;cause=26
    Reason: SIP;cause=200;text="Call completed elsewhere"
    User-Agent: XXX XXXX

which prevent them to show the call as missing. This sip package seems never be created by 3CX.
    Is it possible to implement this behaviour?

2. GiannosC_3CX

GiannosC_3CX Guest

Hi Roland,

What version of 3CX Phone system are you on? Also are you using the supported IP phones and firmware?

3. Roland Käser

Its all Yealink T42G. But not provisioned (configured by hand, because when provisioned, the 3CX Logo always blinks on the display (5 seconds appear, 5seonds disappear, etc. which makes users mad).

But its not a discussion about supported or not supported, etc.
    Sending this package is sip standard so it should be implemented, independently of the type of phone or if its supported or not.

4. GiannosC_3CX

GiannosC_3CX Guest

Hi Roland,

I have sent you a PM. Please check your inbox

5. Roland Käser

Just tried it. I get the message CANCEL from the ringgroup instead the mentioned Call completed elsewhere.
    I attached you a screenshot of wireshark, I cannot attach the pcap, You get it with PM.

#5 Roland Käser, Oct 10, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2017
  6. Schrodz

Schrodz New Member

Roland, I would make this message private. You have your FQDN in the wireshark...

I can get to the login of your phone system....

7. Michel Mathis

Is there an update on this? We noticed the same issue: All phones of the ring group, except the one where the call was accepted, have an entry in the missed calls list after calling. We use 3CX version 15.5 and snom-phones. For this particular test I used a snom370 and the firmware was up to date (8.7.5.48).

8. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Michel Mathis

What ring strategy are you using? Is it ring all or prioritized hunt?

9. Michel Mathis

We are using "ring all".

10. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Can you also let me know of the version of the PBX and how the phones are provisioned? Are these provisioned as local STUN or through an SBC?

11. Michel Mathis

I did some more detailed tests and I think the functionality works on a technical level but it doesn't always do what I had expected. Let me explain the following two scenarios:

We set up our configuration to forward calls to a ring group if the called person does not pick-up after some time (timeout). If that happens the following two scenarios can happen:
    • Scenario 1: someone from the group picks-up the call no 'missed call' entry is generated on any phone. This is as expected.
    • Scenario 2: the caller disconnects before anyone in the group picked-up the phone. In that case all members of the ring group get a 'missed call' entry on their phones. I would have wished that only the called person would receive a 'missed call entry'. I understand that this might be difficult to implement after the call was forwarded to the ring group.
    To summarize: "Call completed elsewhere" seems to be implemented correctly and it works. I'm wondering if there is a way to implement scenario 2 so that it works as I would expect.

12. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It probably has something to do with the fact, that in scenario 2, 3CX does not see the call completed elsewhere. Perhaps a feature request?

13. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

If the call is not answered by anyone in the Ring group then the call completed elsewhere is not sent as the call has not been completed so all phones that were ringing will get a missed call. This is the intended functionality of the ring group. As leejor suggested if you need this to change a feature request in our ideas section of the forum is required.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.