Call Completion on Yealink T46 G

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Frank D, May 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frank D

Frank D New Member

Hi,

Call Completion on Yealink T46G in general is a great feature: During an internal call, if the callee is busy, the caller is prompted whether he wants to "wait" for the other extension to become available again. As soon as it is, he is notified and can initiate a call. This kind of feature often is called "callback if busy"

There are three issues we have with call completion:
    1. The feature stops working after a certain time (couple of days). Rebooting the phone will fix it (till it stops working again).
    This is already described in the Yealink forum (http://forum.yealink.com/forum/showthre ... completion). I am struggling to provide PCAP traces to the Yealink for this issue, as the it only seems to occur when the phone is used. And of course I will have to use the newest firmware, which I hesitate to use in productive phones and least but not least, there is issue 2, which gets users upset. Anybody experiencing the same? Anybody can provide the PCAP logs of the issue occurring for the newest Yealink firmware? I am already in contact with technical support
    2. Enabling Call Completion will cause the phone to show strange "call pickup" messages for calls on the caller's phone, where the callee doesn't pickup (in addition to the desired behaviour showing "waiting" notifications for calls, where the callee is busy)
    https://youtu.be/gbS3aeXerdI
    The behaviour goes away when I disable call completion.
    3. Call Completion doesn't work if the callers phone shares one extension with another phone (multiple phone provisioned with the same extension). Which probably is a technical limitation, which cannot be fixed easily.

Issue occurs on 3vc V12 with Yealink 28.73.0.48. But issue (2) does only show sometimes, I couldn't figure out a pattern yet.

Anybody working on the same things? Anyway to fix this already?

Update:
    1. Is fixed in the new firmware versions
    2. Yealink has confirmed an issue with call completion stop working after some time (after each call to an external line, which is busy). It will be fixes with the next firmware version. Thanks a lot to the great support by the Yealink Team especially Edward and Travis.

jj1 likes this.
  2. jj1

jj1

Hello,

We also have a client that uses Call Completion (all T46G and T48G handsets), they love it :)

We have had a couple of minor issues with the T46G handset (memory leak when multiple expansion boards added) but I cannot fault the support that Yealink provided when we reported the issue to them. They released new firmware in under a month to correct the issue which worked perfectly. No other vendor is this attentive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.