Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Call Confirmation

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Ascent, Apr 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ascent

Is there a way that when a call is sent to a cell phone using call forwarding that the person who answers has to hit a number to either confirm or deny the call. This is a feature on Asterisk and one we use all the time for our remote techs

2. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

Hi Acent,

What is the current behaviour (from 3CX)? And to confirm- this is a forwarding to GSM/Mobile number?

I would expect You get and accept/deny on the phone itself (but if GSM and not 3CX softphone then the behaviour I would of thought would be down to your phone type).

3. Ascent

Forwarding to a GSM yes. Not the App. We put the number or ext in a ring group but I want confirmation requirements for when the call is sent to the gsm but not an in house ip phone in the office.

4. jed

jed New Member

Hi, When forwarding to Mobile, select "Announce Caller (Rebound)" (See forwarding roules)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    YiannisH_3CX likes this.
  5. Ascent

That doesn't work I tried. It does not ask me to press a number to confirm I want the call on my cell phone. It just drops it into my phone.

6. Trevor Forrest

i seem to be hitting the same issue today. set forward to mobile and checked rebound for the status the extension is in (and the rest just in case) and while it does forward to the cell phone number, it does not prompt to answer the call and does not rebound to the 3cx voicemail system.

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

What type of trunking are you using? I believe, that to work, Rebound requires answer supervision on the call. PSTN trunks (gateway) may not be able to provide this, depending on the gateway options set, and a current reversal from the provider.

8. Trevor Forrest

@leejor not sure if you were replying to ascent or myself, but i just opened a thread on my own on this. given the new info below, i am not sure if that applies to myself.

@Ascent what status is your extension in? after some troubleshooting for my issue, rebound works while in away/dnd/out of office, but not in available 1/2 status. try setting to the away status and see if it is working that way. this feels buggish since rebound is available in the "available" status. perhaps add yourself to my thread too.

9. Ascent

whats the url for the new thread?

10. Ascent

This issue is still not fixed. Not impressed with the lack of response from 3CX

11. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Ascent

What PBX version are you running? You can see the exact build number on the Dashboard, under the information column next to the licence.
    Also are you using a SIP trunk ? Who is your provider?
    Can you send a screenshot of the forwarding options of the extension? Hide any sensitive information like phone numbers, names etc.
    We will need to know the call flow as well, as i have tried rebound and it does work so the more details you provide the more we will be able to assist.

12. Ascent

Product Professional Annual
    Version Number

Call confirmation works fine with the old Elastix system not based on 3cx

Using a SIP Provider.

13. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Is the call being made direct to the extension, or is it directed to a Ring Group that the extension is a member of? Behaviour can be different.

14. Ascent

Part of a ring group

15. Ascent

Well that support was short lived. :(

16. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

17. Ascent

Well thats useless then. Why wouldn't something like that be supported out of the box. Let's get on the ball here guys. Any features that Elastix had SHOULD have been built into this system before you bought it. This is very frustrating.

18. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

19. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I think that, by default, allowing the forwarding of a call made to a ring group, when it is not a call direct to the extension, can cause a lot of problems. Ring groups are there because someone else is expected to be available to take the call if you aren't. That why the call went to the ring group. If you allow users to forward their number off to ...a mobile, their home, etc. and ring group calls also follow, then there is a chance that the call is answered by a machine (voicemail), and never given a chance to be picked up by someone else in the ring group.

Trying to track down, why calls are not "available' for other ring group members, may take some time to figure out....who, in the group, has forwarded their number off to...?

YiannisH_3CX likes this.
  20. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I agree with leejor on this one. The purpose of a ring group is to have other people answer the call if you are not available to. Especially if you use the announce caller feature could cause a lot of lost calls. If you choose not to answer the call then it will be forwarded to voicemail and other members in the ring group will not have the option to answer the call at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.