Call "connected" state - Billing Problem

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by alicic, Nov 17, 2007.

1. alicic

alicic New Member

Hallo to all,

I am using Grandstream GXW4104 with 3cx and can make outside and inside call, but there is a problem for Billing since a call is in "connected" state before it is realy nasewed from GSM number or land line number.

The Grandstream states:

Our device functioning as a Back2Back user agent by design. It means that once call was initiated toward our device (from 3cx Phone system), first we will answer a call and will establish an RTP path between call initiator and our device, and after that will start dial outside number. At this mode, call initiator will hear all call progress tones from PSTN world directly through opened channel. This behavior was designed to make our device able to be installed all other the world, and call initiator will always get familiar from legacy usage behavior ( dial tones, busy tones, reorder tones, etc...)
    We are familiar that such implementation looking problematic for Billing implementations.

Does anybody know how other Gateway function? Do they function in the same way or they "connect" a call when it is realy answered by a Lanline or GSM Phone number?

Please give your input on this topic,

regards

2. alicic

alicic New Member

Hi all,

Just to inform you, Grandstream can not do this. I ordered AudioCodes MP114 Gatway and tested and I accomplished what I required.

No problems with AudioCodes since it activates line on Voice Detection.

Hope it will be of help to all of you,

regards