Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Call Control API & Call Flow Designer - Voicemails too

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by kevinchamplin, Feb 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kevinchamplin

I have the Call Control API working like a champ. What I need to do now is if a call comes through I need to answer it and then do something. What's the best route to do this, i'm assuming I'll need to use the call flow designer to do this?

Also I would like place a call (I have this covered) but then play the most recent voicemail once the user picks up. How do I access the voicemail data?

2. voiptoys

voiptoys Active Member

Hey Kevin,

Yes, when a call comes in, you forward the call to a CFD application. Your logic to "do something" is either in the CFD code, or in external code libraries called by the CFD.

You can perform a MakeCall between a CFD application and an external phone number. In the CFD you handle your application logic including playing the specified voicemail which is simply a wav file.

I don't know exactly what you are trying to accomplish, but this sounds a lot like our 3CX On Call Manager. Maybe we already have a solution for you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. kevinchamplin

that may accomplish what we need, i'll run it by management. Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.