• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Call Control API: Divert

Status
Not open for further replies.

VoIPTools

Gold Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
I'm going to embarrass myself a little here. Several years ago I was trying to use the divert API and just couldn't get it to work. I found out, after considerable effort, that the documentation was incorrect, and was told by 3CX "just do this" (I don't remember what I was told to do). I made the suggested change and everything worked perfectly. Fast forward to present day, and I can't find the old code, and I can't get it to work again.

I was wondering at what stage in a call can I use the divert? Does it have to be a connected call, or can I redirect a call while in the "dialing" or "ringing" stage?

I want to monitor for outbound calls, and if the call is not permitted (based on some business logic), divert the call to an internal extension. Ideally, I would like to divert the call as early in the call setup process as possible -- preferably in the dialing stage before the call starts ringing.

Any guidance would be appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damiano giannini
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.