Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Call Control API: Divert

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by voiptoys, Mar 9, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. voiptoys

voiptoys Active Member

I'm going to embarrass myself a little here. Several years ago I was trying to use the divert API and just couldn't get it to work. I found out, after considerable effort, that the documentation was incorrect, and was told by 3CX "just do this" (I don't remember what I was told to do). I made the suggested change and everything worked perfectly. Fast forward to present day, and I can't find the old code, and I can't get it to work again.

I was wondering at what stage in a call can I use the divert? Does it have to be a connected call, or can I redirect a call while in the "dialing" or "ringing" stage?

I want to monitor for outbound calls, and if the call is not permitted (based on some business logic), divert the call to an internal extension. Ideally, I would like to divert the call as early in the call setup process as possible -- preferably in the dialing stage before the call starts ringing.

Any guidance would be appreciated

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.