Call Control API - HudSample not working

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by webware, Jul 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. webware

Hi guys,

I'm trying to implement the 3CX Call Control API in our software. For that I'm going to build a VoIP communication server which is installed on the same server as the 3CX VoIP server is installed. My clients are connected to our VoIP communication server software. The last part is working nice. My problem is the communication with the 3CX VoIP server....

I've downloaded the Call Control API, deleted the 3cxpscomcpp2.dll, added the 3cxpscomcpp2.dll from the 3CX VoIP server to the build directory, and added it to the project. I also had to include the sl.dll file. After building it (32 bit), I published it to the machine where 3CX VoIP server is installed, and started the application. I get an "Config server is not connected" exception.

The 3CX VoIP server is a clean installed W2K8 server, with .NET FrameWork 3.5sp1, based on Cassini. I've added the PhoneSystem.ApplicationName = "HudSample" line to the 3CXphonesystem.ini file on the server.

Can someone help me? Has someone get it working?

2. jharrell

This was frustrating to me too, but I found the issue, it's mentioned on the download page for the API but it's is easy to miss since it doesn't say how to change it. The port defaults to 20001 but needs to be changed to 5485 like this:

PhoneSystem.CfgServerPort=5485;

Also the PhoneSystem.ApplicationName does not seem to matter as my code is working with an application name that is not in the ini file.

I would imagine the port thing is an artifact from them moving to cassini like some of the other docs being off, either way it would take them a few minutes to update the sample to include that line.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.