Call Control API: Maximum number of connections

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by hqboss, Feb 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hqboss

Hello.

I'm writing a small program to give extra information regarding incoming calls to our users. While developing and testing with 2 users, everything was working OK but as I started wider deployment, i'm getting errors when connecting to the server/PBX. I'm getting "Config server is not connected" when I have 11 connections connected (4 used internally by the PBX) on port 5485. If I disconnect one user I can connect another but always for the total of 11 connections.
    So the question is, is this a hard limit or can I configure the max number of connections somewhere?
    I know I can move the solution to some sort of client-server model, having the server part handling the connection (only 1) to the PBX and having the client connect to the server part, but as I have a working, finish program I would prefer extending the number of connection in the PBX.

Thanks,

Logi

2. simonatkins

Logi, hi were you developing and testing on the same server as the PBX? The 3CX API can only run/connect if it runs on the same server as the 3CX PBX, so.. your alternate solution is actually the way forward here, i.e. 1 service running on the same box as 3CX, serving responses to your clients that connect to the service. Not what you want to hear :(....
    rgds

3. hqboss

I did develope the program on my machine but I did change the "3CXPhoneSystem.ini" file on the server, the line saying "confNIC=127.0.0.1" to "confNIC=0.0.0.0" so I'm able to connect to the config server from any computer, if I have the username and password (confuser and confpass in the same file). This is a very nice API to manage calls and getting info regarding incoming calls and status of users. But if it is supposed to be a server only API, I will have to look at the split client/server architecture for the apps.

Logi

4. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Hi Logi,

By doing this you simply call to the potential problem. Yes you can use it even through internet but it is definitely misuse of the API.
    Thanks for the compliment :)
    Yes, correct approach is to use client-server architecture. If you prefer web technologies then you can implement web service (there are many ways to do it) and then install it as a part of 3CX Application pool. It will be much more optimal solution, believe me. But be careful, you must be sure that your application is 100% stable and reliable.

Call Control API (aka Object model) for 3CX PhoneSystem is like DDK for Windows. It provides low level access to PBX functionality and it is not good approach to blindly publish it to the network.

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.