• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Call Control API - Transfer Call

Status
Not open for further replies.

stefanvdleeden

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm currently building a .NET-wrapper for the Call Control API and I'm running into a problem. I don't seem te be able to transfer a call.

I want to be able to put the current call on hold, then make another call to another person: announce the call, then transfer the call to that person. The transferCall or DivertCall from the PBXConnection only allows to directly transfer the call without announcing it.

So:
- customer calls me
- I put customer on hold
- I call another person and announce the customer
- I redirect the call to the other person

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

It may sound simple, but in reality it is not. To accomplish what you want to do you will need to control your phone.

- I put customer on hold
Your phone puts the customer on Hold not 3CX, so you would need to send those commands to your phone. Or you could send the call to some park extension.

- I call another person and announce the customer
You can use the MakeCall command to call another extension within the 3CX API. Personally I dislike MakeCall and use my phones native commands to direct dial.

- I redirect the call to the other person
Finally you can redirect the call using TransferCall.

I wrote an entire reception app for our front office gals using the 3CX API and the Snom HTML commands. I had to use a mixture of both to recreate what seem like simple steps.

Craig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.