• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Call Control API v10 - User status

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattl

Reaction score
Hello,

I've successfully been using the API to gather live information about our system.

I had a couple questions on where Extension or User status information was available to me in the API or a solution on how to get the information I'm looking for.

There's 2 ways I think I can explain so I will start with the 3CX MyPhone software that is running on my WIndows 7 Machine.

If you look at this UI I can see all of our extensions. I'm under the impression that our phone system is pretty simple so users are not in groups and we don't have any queues setup. Anyways, in the 3cx software I can set myself as "Available", "Away", "Out of Office", "Custom1", or "Custom2". When I make the change its reflected on the UI of the myphone software and my co workers, but that status I have not been able to find in the API. Where can I find it?

Now a question about the API vs what I just explained above.
I'm referencing the help file included in the v10 API downloaded.

If you look at "Extension"'s public properties you will see "User Status". I'm under the impression that this property gives the status and/or allows you to control an extensions user status and has 2 options "Away" or "Available". Using my phone (Model: SoundPoint IP 670 SIP) I set myself as unavailable on the phone by dialing *31 or available by dialing *30. This does not reflect my status in the "User Status" of the extension. Using the API I set my User Status to away and now the extension goes straight to voicemail so it is doing something. But I haven't found the option in the 3CX server software or in the 3CX MyPhone client to adjust this. How is this "User Status" different than what I described above?

Overall, the issue I'm having is knowing what the user has chosen their status to be in the 3cx myphone software or on the phone.

Thanks

Found it. Under Extension.CurrentProfile. It is of type FwdProfile. Then FwdProfile.Name. This will get me going but still doesn't explain the UserStatus of "Away" or "Available". Weird flag.

Thanks

Hi mattl
This is exactly what i am looking for...

Would you be so kind and share the code how to read/change the "Available", "Away", "Out of Office", "Custom1" with call control API

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MattS
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.