Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Call Cost by Region / Prefix

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by daktur, Jul 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daktur

daktur New Member

Hi Everyone!

I need a simple feature that I am not figuring out:

In Brazil, we have different costs for different calls that change according to phone company, area code and type os connection (landline or mobile) and our need is to set each one according to it specs.

For Example:
    +55113 if a prefix for S. Paulo Landline
    +55213 if the prefix for Rio de Janeiro Landline

Is there any way that the system would understand they have both the same cost but different from:

+55119 is the prefix for S. Paulo Mobile
    +55219 is the prefix for Rio de Janeiro Mobile

What I need is something like:

A cost for +55**3 phones, a cost for +55**9 phones and so on, is there a way to make it? All the prefix one by one is about a 10k line table that can be reduced to a few hundred lines if i can import it the way i explained above.

Thank you for your help!

2. daktur

daktur New Member

No clues?

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I believe that what you are asking is...are you able to use wildcards in the number definitions, for call costs, as the digit defining mobile numbers (higher priced calls) is the 5th digit, not the first or second.

I haven't had to use that, so personally, I don't know, but perhaps someone else , in a region that has a similar numbering plan, can provide some insight.

4. daktur

daktur New Member

Leejor,

That's exactly my question.. if i ued wildcard for de 3rd and 4th digits i it save me a lot of lines.

By the way what Is the correct number format? The way users dial or the way the system send the informativo to the sip trunk or neither only +countrycodeareacode?

Thanks again.

5. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

You could import these prefixes into the Billing Costs table: http://www.3cx.com/docs/hotel-manual/billing-interface/

Although you cannot make use of wildcard characters, but this table can hold 10k+ entries.

What you can do is export the Call Costs, then load it into Excel and then make use of some functions to quickly populate all the prefixes you want, then save it in the correct format again, then you can try importing it again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.