Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Call Cost management by Trunk

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by laurent1, Jan 21, 2016.

1. laurent1

Hi,

I'm a french user of 3CX v14.
    An interesting feature would be a call cost management specified by Trunk and PSTN gateway.
    I'll explain.
    I've got 2 SIP Trunks accounts on 2 different providers. Additinaly I've my PSTN gateway.
    Each one have his own call rates.
    I created outbound rules in order to call to destinations with the lowest cost, but these rules allow to have dialing backup.
    ie : to call to France my outbound rule have 3 routes :
    - my PSTN gateway (only support 1 sim call)
    - a SIP trunk sich only permit out call (with low rates to France)
    - an other SIP trunk with higher rates but permit 3 calls

unfortunately the call cost module only permits a global cost by prefix, if it could permit a cost by prefix and trunk it would be great, ie : for call prefix 0033 : cost for PSTN gateway is x,xx€/min, cost for SIP-Trunk-1 is y,yy€/min and cost for SIP-Trunk-2 is z,zz€/min.
    It would be although interesting to keep global cost rate, since some different providers have same rates for the same destination.

Regards

PS : please be kind, forgive me for any english mistakes.

2. Futureweb

Futureweb New Member

I already opened a Feature Request excactly for this: http://www.3cx.com/forums/cdr-bill-rates-based-on-outbound-route-43842.html

Andreas Schnederle-Wagner