Call cost settings, Call type settings are not effective for previous calls?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Basheerpt, Oct 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Basheerpt

Hi
    We had changed some call cost settings and call type settings under CDR. When i run the previous period reports prior to my changes, the cost or call type was not effective on those calls. Is it by design or i have to update somewhere to get it applied on past calls?

Thanks for the advise.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

Not possible.
    Only way is to recalculate in excel using some formula (manually) or external billing utility.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Basheerpt

Oh. is there no recalculate option or some thing like that?

4. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Not in the DB where the data is stored. The reason for this is that if e.g. at some point a VoIP Provider you are using changes their rates, you don't want the system changing the call costs of all days prior to the change according to the new rate, you would older calls to have the old rate and new calls to have the new rate.

As a general rule of thumb, CDR data is entered as static data into the DB the moment the call ends.

Basheerpt likes this.
  5. Basheerpt

Hi Nick, very valid point. I agree that. I was looking into one side only.
    Thank you for the clarification.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.