• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Call cost settings, Call type settings are not effective for previous calls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basheerpt

Forum User
Reaction score
Hi
We had changed some call cost settings and call type settings under CDR. When i run the previous period reports prior to my changes, the cost or call type was not effective on those calls. Is it by design or i have to update somewhere to get it applied on past calls?

Thanks for the advise.

Not possible.
Only way is to recalculate in excel using some formula (manually) or external billing utility.

Oh. is there no recalculate option or some thing like that?

Not in the DB where the data is stored. The reason for this is that if e.g. at some point a VoIP Provider you are using changes their rates, you don't want the system changing the call costs of all days prior to the change according to the new rate, you would older calls to have the old rate and new calls to have the new rate.

As a general rule of thumb, CDR data is entered as static data into the DB the moment the call ends.

Reactions: Basheerpt
Hi Nick, very valid point. I agree that. I was looking into one side only.
Thank you for the clarification.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steffen Ekerdt
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.