• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Call Costs rate - floating point digits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triantafillos Paradas

Customer
Reaction score
Hello,
I am trying to set up call cost reports and I have the following problem. When I set the rate field it accepts only two floating point digits. My VoIP provider charges 0,012€/min. If I set it to 0,01 or 0,02 I will have big inaccuracies to the costs. What can I do to fix it?

Thank you very much for your time.

It seems possible to export the call costs, edit the resultant CallCosts.xml in something like Notepad++ and then re-import to 3CX call costs. You would be able to edit it to 0.012 that way, just don't try and change it again once you have imported or it flips back to 2DP.
Not sure how many DP's the 3CX internal call cost calculation uses, but a quick check with £0.005/min x 2 mins seemed to produce the correct result.

I use my own program to calculate call costs (hooking in to the 3CX CDR's), that way I can also factor in things like call duration round-up (my providers round up call durations to the nearest minute), per call setup charges or a minimum call duration - so arriving at an exact call cost. Incidentally I also have correction factors for my 2 providers since there is a consistent small (1 and 2 second) difference between 3CX reported talk time and what my provider reports. Maybe I'm obsessive, but the end result is a call charging report exactly matching what the VoIP providers show!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.