"Call could not be completed"

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by telis, Dec 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. telis

telis New Member

I made a small change to an existing VAD project but since I deployed it attempting to enter the call flow gives a voice message.

"Call could not be completed"

I have this in the 3CXIveServer.log

13:51:26.466|8240|(0):Error! Module '3CX.com.vxi'. Error ID 999. messageXML parsing error in file CriminalNumber_105/Callflows_RedirectCallPolice.aspx?dr=751&to=751&from=020XXXXXXXX, line 1: Invalid document structure
    13:51:26.466|8240|(0):Error! Module '3CX.com.vxi'. Error ID 205. uriCriminalNumber_105/Callflows_RedirectCallPolice.aspx?dr=751&to=751&from=020XXXXXXXX
    13:51:26.467|8240|api\VXIpromptImpl.cpp(212):IvrDll, VXIpromptImpl::Impl::Queue(), Error! A serious error within IVR session
    13:51:26.467|8240|VXIMachine.cpp(806):IvrDll, CallSession::RegisterPrompt(), Added prompt C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Bin\..\Data\Ivr\Media\error.wav
    13:51:27.898|8240|VXIMachine.cpp(1072):IvrDll, CallSession::prompts_Play(), Play Queued files
    13:51:37.597|8048|VXIMachine.cpp(1108):IvrDll, CallSession::prompts_Stop(), Stop playback
    13:51:37.606|8048|VXIMachine.cpp(806):IvrDll, CallSession::RegisterPrompt(), Added prompt C:/ProgramData/3CX/Data/Ivr/Voicemail/Extensions/883/vmail_379_883_20151215134954.wav
    13:51:37.607|8048|VXIMachine.cpp(806):IvrDll, CallSession::RegisterPrompt(), Added prompt C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Ivr\Prompts\Sets\8210986B-9412-497f-AD77-3A554F4A9BDB\PBACKMNU.wav
    13:51:37.612|8048|VXIMachine.cpp(1072):IvrDll, CallSession::prompts_Play(), Play Queued files

Since the log seems to complain about malformed XML I visited the URL

http://192.168.0.32:5000/ivr/CriminalNumber_105/Callflows_RedirectCallPolice.aspx?dr=751&to=751&from=020XXXXXXXX

And here I get

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <vxml version="2.0" application="Root_CriminalNumber.vxml">
      <catch event="error.semantic">
        <assign name="project$_CurrentErrorName$" expr="_event" />
        <assign name="project$_CurrentErrorDescription$" expr="(_message == undefined ? '' : _message)" />
        <goto next="Callflows_RedirectCallPolice_ErrorHandler.vxml" />
      </catch>
      <error>
        <assign name="project$_CurrentErrorName$" expr="_event" />
        <goto next="Callflows_RedirectCallPolice_ErrorHandler.vxml" />
      </error>
      <catch event="connection.disconnect telephone.disconnect">
        <goto next="Callflows_RedirectCallPolice_DisconnectHandler.vxml" />
      </catch>
      <var name="application.Callflows_RedirectCallPolice_DiversionNumber" expr="''" />
      <var name="application.RecordResult_NothingRecorded" expr="'NothingRecorded'" />
      <var name="application.RecordResult_StopDigit" expr="'StopDigit'" />
      <var name="application.RecordResult_StopBySilence" expr="'StopBySilence'" />
      <var name="application.RecordResult_Completed" expr="'Completed'" />
      <var name="application.MenuResult_Timeout" expr="'Timeout'" />
      <var name="application.MenuResult_InvalidOption" expr="'InvalidOption'" />
      <var name="application.MenuResult_ValidOption" expr="'ValidOption'" />
      <var name="application.UserInputResult_Timeout" expr="'Timeout'" />
      <var name="application.UserInputResult_InvalidDigits" expr="'InvalidDigits'" />
      <var name="application.UserInputResult_ValidDigits" expr="'ValidDigits'" />
      <var name="application.project$_CurrentErrorName$" expr="''" />
      <var name="application.project$_CurrentErrorDescription$" expr="''" />
      <var name="application.project$_WorkingDirectory$" expr="'C:\\ProgramData\\3CX\\Data\\Http\\Interface\\ivr\\CriminalNumber_105\\'" />
      <var name="application.Callflows_RedirectCallPolice_NextComponentUri$" expr="''" />
      <var name="application.Callflows_RedirectCallPolice_NextErrorHandlerUri$" expr="''" />
      <var name="application.Callflows_RedirectCallPolice_NextDisconnectHandlerUri$" expr="''" />
      <form>
        <block>
          <goto next="Callflows_RedirectCallPolice_MF_promptPleaseWait.vxml" />
        </block>
      </form>
    </vxml>
    This
    Code:

looks a bit like a byte order mark(XML BOM), but it isn't on the top line. What is going on?

2. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi there!

That is a known bug fixed long time ago. According to the change log, it was fixed in Version 3 Build 3853 (December 7th 2012):
    http://www.3cx.com/blog/change-log/vad-change-log/

Are you using a very old version of the VAD? Can you upgrade to get the fix?

Kind regards.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. telis

telis New Member

Hi Ernesto,

Thanks for coming back to me.

I have usually used the VAD installed on my notebook but I found it was installed on a server and used that one. Tomorrow I'll try and rebuild the project with the VAD on my notebook with the latest patch - I cannot believe I didn't manage to do that before I posted.

However the VAD on the server is actually reporting as 12.5.3967 so this may not be the issue.

4. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I would give it a try anyway, as that is a known bug we have fixed.

Please let me know when you do it.

Thanks.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. telis

telis New Member

Thanks Ernesto, upgrading to the latest build fixed the issues. Doh!

6. israelodo

Hello,

After successfully building my project and deploying into my 3cx phone system, when a call is made from a PSTN, the digital receptionist does not take up the call.

Kindly assist.

7. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi there!

Can you manually dial the extension number of the Digital Receptionist? Does it work that way?

If that works, then the problem is in your inbound rules settings.

Kind regards.

8. israelodo

If i forward the call from the PSTN to an extension, it connects very well and there's communication. But once i forward the call to the digital receptionist it drops immeiately after ringing.

Note: the digital receptionist is a virtual extension so it can't be setup physically.

9. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

What happens if you dial from an extension to the digital receptionist?

For example, you register the VAD app on extension 851, then from your extension 100 dial 851. Does it work?

10. israelodo

Let me also mention that i use sipgate as my Voip provider.

The digital receptionist is not a physical extension. i can only route calls to be picked up by the digital receptionist.

So what i did first was, configure all inbound calls to go into an extention, say 100. that worked fine. Then i changed it to route all calls to the digital receptionist (with ext 854). but it will just ring once or twice and disconnect.

Regards

11. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Follow this guide to troubleshoot the issue:
    http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/troubleshooting-vad-applications/

You will need to check the server logs to understand why it's failing.

Also, debugging the app using the in-built debugger might help.

Kind regards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.