Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Call Coverage Keys

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by looker44, Feb 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. looker44

How can I program Call coverage keys on a SPA508G to pickup a certain extension
    Example If extension 755 is ringing, I want 760 to hit a button and answer ext 755(or extension 762 to answer it)

2. kevin

kevin Member

Hi there

You are looking to configure BLFs (Busy Lamp Fields). These are very easy to configure using the 3CX Management Console and the auto-provisioning.

This may help: http://www.3cx.com/blog/training-videos/provisioning-plug-and-play/

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. looker44

exactly what i need to do but no exact codes do do this?

4. kevin

kevin Member

Hi there

I didn't understand the question, please clarify.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. looker44

yes i need to program a BLF to pickup a certain extension. I do not know where on phone interface to do this or the correct code to enter into that field
    Example If extension 755 (Name ELLEN) is ringing, I want 760 to hit a BLF button and answer ext 755
    the same will go for ext 762 to answer 755
    from the SPA508G admin guide (http://www.voipsupply.com/downloads/dl/file/id/99/cisco_spa_30x_spa_50x_spa525g_spa525g2_admin_guide.pdf (page 26)) i see general instructions
    I think my syntax on phones 760 & 762 should be
    fnc=blf+cp;sub=ELLEN@10.0.0.XX:5060;ext=755@10.0.0.XX:5060

correct??

6. kevin

kevin Member

7. looker44

thanks - ISSUE FIXED
    For each button on the extension module (PHONE IN MY CASE), configure an extension to be monitored by setting in the "Unit 1 Key 1" field (for example) to:
    fnc=sd+blf+cp;sub=xxx@yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy;nme=xxx
    …where xxx is the extension number to be monitored, and yyy is the IP Address of the 3CX Phone System machine. So if we want a key to monitor the status of extension number 120, and the IP Address of the 3CX Phone System machine is 10.0.0.11, you should set it to:
    fnc=sd+blf+cp;sub=120@10.0.0.11;nme=120

8. looker44

When we came in this morning the provisioned phones went back to previous provisioning. How do i make it stick
    fnc=sd+blf+cp;sub=120@10.0.0.11;nme=120 on Disabled Line 4

9. kevin

kevin Member

Hi

You need to choose whether you want to configure the phone manually, or else to use 3CX Provisioning.

If you want to configure the phone manually, you need to remove the provisioning information from the 3CX Management Console.

If you want to use 3CX Provisioning, and you want this custom behaviour, then you need to look into creating your own custom template file for the task.

For details on this, ref: http://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/phone-provisioning-complete-guide/

10. looker44

great. i edited XML files. thanks again

11. looker44

for the link
    http://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/phone-provisioning-complete-guide/
    there is no
    1.Go to ‘Settings’ -> ‘Phone Provisioning’ -> ‘Templates’
    I do not have a templates tab

12. kevin

kevin Member

@looker44

The Web-based Management Console no longer provides this possibility in V11. You can customise your templates directly from the filesystem, using, for example, Notepad++ as your editor.

Template files you would find in:

C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Http\Templates\phones

13. looker44

thanks.

when i originally fixed this, I edited the MACaddress.xml for my two extensions to cover the other extension (in this dir C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Http\Interface\provisioning) . the problem came when we did windows update and reboot. all the MACAddress.xml files were rebuilt.

So now I have copied the cisco_sidecarSPA50X.ph.xml to a file named cisco_sidecarSPA50X_YX.ph.xml and edited my blf keys as needed.

how do i associate in 3cx that template to those mac address

FOUND VIDEO WILL TRY IT
    thx

14. looker44

my template edits do not work
    How can i just NOT have 3cx manage provisioning these two phones. I have tried removing the mac address from the provisioning screen. it keeps saying please enter valid mac address

15. kevin

kevin Member

@looker44

Remove the MAC Address and ALSO the Phone Model.

16. looker44

thank you
    Should I also remove the provisioning line in the phones gui?

17. looker44

THX
    should I also set the Provision Enable to NO in the phones GUI? or remove the profile rule line?

18. kevin

kevin Member

@looker44

Yes, you can remove it, won't hurt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.