Solved Call dial delays and can't push through setup wizard after a restored

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Almighty Burrito, Dec 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Almighty Burrito

UPDATE: My colleague was able to push through the wizard in IE on the server itself. However the calling delay issue persisted.

I installed the latest service pack yesterday, after the fact users reported (and I confirmed) the dialer has a 20-30 lag to initiate a call. I tried rolling back the update (via a restore from the 24th) this morning and the issue persists and now I can't push through the wizard in the management console.

It won't do anything when I click finish - tried in multiple browsers and incognito sessions so rule out cache/cookie issues. I even rebooted the server itself since I can't get into the console to restart the services.

#1 Almighty Burrito, Dec 27, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
  2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

hello there,

I assume you mean the config wizard when the restore is finished? Did you un-install and re-install using the previous installer?

3. Almighty Burrito

Yes the config wizard that you have to push through after a restore or service pack update. We were able to eventually push through it (see update in original post) but the dialing issue is still affecting some, granted not all, of our users.

I'm not sure what you are referring to as far as uninstalling/reinstalling using the previous installer. What installer?

Does the restore through a backup not affect service packs/updates that were installed post backup?

4. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Yes restoring a backup does not affect service packs only restores configuration. To role back to previous service pack you need to have the previous installer which i would not recommend. What do you mean by calling delay? when calling internally or to external numbers? what phones are you using? Are you on the recommended firmware? Are you running default templates?
    Are you using a SIP provider or a gateway?
    Some more details would be helpful to troubleshoot your issue

5. Almighty Burrito

Okay good to know, thanks for that info!

When some of our users dial (internal or external) there is about a 20-30 second delay before it starts ringing and initiating the call.

We are using softphones - windows desktop clients, so no templates.

SIP provider.

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Check the 3CX Activity log right after a call experiencing a delay. The log will show where the delay occurs. It could be set to 3CX, 3CX to provider, or at the provider, or even a combination.

7. Almighty Burrito

Looks like we have to enable verbose logging, which requires a server reboot. Yay!

8. Almighty Burrito

We eventually figured out that the effected softphones were provisioned with the wrong IP (doh). We have two nics on our 3cx vm to allow it to talk to the data and phone vlans and the phones effected were provisioned on the incorrect IP, oops.

9. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad to hear the issue is resolved and thanks for sharing the solution

Almighty Burrito likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.