Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Call disconnects when connecting to 800/866 numbers

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by tj-pbx, May 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tj-pbx

Hi,

As of this morning, the office has been unable to dial out to any 1-800 or 1-866 (perhaps more toll free) numbers. Please advise if there is a setting file to check.

I tested these number from a mobile phone and they went through. I also restarted the services in 3CX, and also rebooted the server separately. All services have a Started status and our connection to provider is registered. Calls to other landlines and mobiles work fine.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It may be that you are not sending a valid telephone number (your caller ID number)? For this to be the case you would have to be using VoIP trunking.

Many businesses, offering a toll free number, "insist" on receiving a valid phone number (marketing reasons) as they are paying for the call. Attempting to block your number, to a toll free number usually has no effect.

3. tj-pbx

hi leejor,

Under the Remote Connections page, I see our phone number listed under the port identification. I noticed that there was a fail register recently early this morning. I clicked on Refresh Registration, even thought it was marked as Registration OK. And now it works. Is this by chance?

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If this re-occurs, you may wish to switch the 3CX logs to Verbose setting, which may give you additional information on what is happening.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.