Call Disconnet-Forward to External Number via VoIP Provider

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by sanketgroup, Oct 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sanketgroup

Hello
    I am trying to resolve this issue since 15 days. But no luck.
    This is long but in detail explanation.
    Here is situation:

Want to forwards all incoming calls on one DID to External phone via VoIP provider.
    Problem: 3cx server does forward call to external number but external receiver at other end gets ring for just half or 1 second and calls get disconnected before he/she picks up.
    And caller to DID keeps hearing ring tone. Means caller to 3cx DID calls stays during process, but 3cx to external receiver (forward) gets disconnected.

What I tried:
    Option 1
    I set directly on DID rule to "Forward to Outside number" and outside number set with dialing rule.
    So any calls on this DID will immediately forwarded to External Cell phone via other VoIP provider route.
    Incoming call DID line and VoIP provider are not same. Both are different.
    But with this setup receiver not able to pickup the call as it auto disconnect in less than 1 sec.

Option 2
    I landed DID number to extension, so it rings on extension. ("connect to extension" in DID)
    But I set that extension to forward all calls to Mobile number if extension status is "Away" or "Out of Office". and set extension status from "Available" to "Away" so that rule get in effect.
    But in this case, it also has same problem mentioned above - External receiver get ring just for half or 1 second and receiver calls get disconnected before he picks up.While caller still hear ring tone.
    Surprisingly, if caller to this extension is local 3cx user, everything works well. But if caller to this extension from outside (via DID) it does not work and have above mentioned same problem.

Option 3 (This one is working)
    I landed DID number to extension, so it rings on extension. ("connect to extension" in DID)
    Instead of "Away" or "Out office" Forward, i set "If calls not answered within 1 Second then Forward to Mobile".
    In this case IF someone calls to DID, Extension rings for 1 second and then calls getting forwarded to External number and receiver hears to ring for around 10 seconds during which he can answer the phone and everything works perfectly.

My question and problem:
    Why it works with Forwarding rule "If calls not answered within 1 Second then Forward to Mobile"

but not with "Away" forward to Mobile Number rule and caller is from outside.
    Why it works with "Away" forward to Mobile Number rule and caller is local 3cx extension.

Why it does not work with DID rule to "Forward to Outside number" (option 1)

Why External caller to 3cx leg stays on while 3cx to other External leg being disconnected before joining External Caller and External Receiver.

i studied and compared logs for the "call forward in away" and "call forward if no answer".
    There are many differences between these two logs and so i cannot know which things is disconnecting the forwarded call (3cx to external number)

Please help me to resolve this issue.
    Thanx

2. sanketgroup

Re: Call Disconnet-Forward to External Number via VoIP Provi

Folks
    Pls help with solution.

thanx

3. sanketgroup

pls provide solution.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You could post the logs and forum members could provide comments on them. I would "X" out part of YOUR public IP for security reasons. There may very well be an issue with the outgoing provider. did you try sending a call to a destination other than a mobile number?

5. sanketgroup

Here logs attached.
    One log file is : No Ans Forward-Success.txt (working well)
    Second lof file is : Away Forward-Unsucess.txt (not working)

leejor:
    I am sure there is no issue with outgoing provider, reason: If it is then it should even not work with "No Answer Fwd".
    Only thing between working and not working is just forwarding method at 3cx.
    No Answer forward works successful
    Away Forward does not work.

still to clear out doubt, I tried with different outgoing providers also and all has same issue.
    Same with destination number, it could not be destination number issue.
    Still i changed destination number but still same issue.

pls see logs one is working while other forwarding method does not.

Thnx

Attached Files:

6. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Unsuccessful call scenario:
    Initiator of call is Patton gateway.
    The gateway has disconnect the call right after destination (provider) has requested "early media" channel. You need to check patton gateway logs to find exact reason why call was terminated by the gateway.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Can you do a wireshark capture of same successful and unsuccessful calls? The logs are certainly helpful, but sometimes they can be a little too much as they show all the internal actions within 3CX as well. The capture will show what is occurring between 3cx and the outside and vice versa without all the internal 3CX detail. There is also the Patton, but my guess is that a capture will be more informative as I don't think the Patton knows the difference between how 3CX handles or distributes calls.

From your description it seems as though the issue is related to how 3CX forwards calls to the external number based upon the status of the extension and the rule associated to the status. It seems clear that 3CX is indeed forwarding using either method, but for some reason one rings for a reasonable time allowing the callee to answer whereas the other method only gives a very short, too short, ring and goes dead. The capture between 3CX and the providers may be an easier read to understand.

8. sanketgroup

lneblett: you are correct, patton does not know how 3cx handels or distribute calls.
    you are getting right.
    As you asked to capture wireshark, here are two wireshark files.

let me know further.

thanx

Attached Files:

9. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

The Sip portion of the log shows that the call was cancelled.
    If I understand correctly - incoming call -> Patton -> 3cx -> VoIP Provider -> external call

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. sanketgroup

Hi craigreilly
    Call was not cancelled manually.

you are right with call pattern = Incoming call -> Patton > 3CX > VoIP Provider > External Call.

Callers gets busy tone automatically just after few sec of ring(as of someone disconnected call without answering).
    I don't know who ends the call and why? Does 3cx sends disconnect command first to Patton or something else.

Does 3cx ends incoming call (send signal to patton) because forwarded VoIP calls to does not answered in known time?
    (3cx might be thinking that in X seconds, dialed External number via voip did not get answer so lets disconnect everything)

pls pls help.

11. sanketgroup

pls help me :(

12. sanketgroup

folks:
    any help pls ?

13. sanketgroup

any help on this...since long years, i am still having this issue.

14. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

[​IMG]

You have already receive the answer, as you can see, the Patton sends a CANCEL message, which then is relayed by the 3CX Server to the Provider.

Check the Patton logs to see why it is sending a CANCEL message if the call is not being hung up.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.