Call diversion to external line

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by klawrence, Oct 29, 2007.

1. klawrence

Hi,

Prior to using 3CX, we would have enabled call diversion on our PSTN line simply by dialling *21* 0777123456 from the handset which would divert phone calls to a company mobile when we were out of the office.

I have tried the same function by dialling 9 *21*0777123456 on our new voip handset (we use 9 for outside line) but the call wont go through and i get an error tone which is coming from our SPA3102.

I have a feeling this is due to the dial plan for Line 1 on the SPA. The current plan is (*xx|[3469]11|0|00|[2-9]xxxxxx|1xxx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|xxxxxxxxxxxx.).

I honestly find it very hard to make any sense of dial plans!

Can someone advise how I can alter the dial plan to allow *21* to work?

Alternatively, is it possible to divert incoming calls to a mobile phone within 3CX itself?

This is a great forum community. Thanks in advance!

2. miraportuga

miraportuga Member

I have that very same problem, since SPA3102 uses * has a special character to make transfers, and so on, when you dial that you will be telling the SPA to do the thing that he has set has *21 wich if im not wrong is nothing....
    i tried to change this codes for 3 digit numbers, by simple adding a "x" on the dial plan on "*xx" also tried to add some other things to the dial plan and i managed to sucessfully make it working, the thing is, it would only work 1 time.. lol, i changed the dial plan, and after that, i managed to make it work...but just one time lol, after this time i couldnt make any more calls. What i add in this case was before the ")" |*200:*200
    This dial plan was used to say that whenever i dialed *200 he would make the call *200, you can try and change this to |*21*xxxxxxxx:*21*xxxxxxxxx
    Use has many x's has your phone numbers have there...

Cheers

3. nmangaoang

Hi,

Why not use call forwarding on the extension. Forward All Calls > Forward to outside number.

Regards,
    Nick

4. klawrence

That works fine too but its really a question of convenience. Its much quicker when leaving the office to dial 9*21*0777123456 on a handset than have to log into the web ui and change the extension options.

Anyone else found a resolution?

5. klawrence

problem resolved

I can set divert all calls from the SPA922 interface so everything is grand now!

Thanks for the replies