Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Call diversion to external line

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by klawrence, Oct 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. klawrence

Hi,

Prior to using 3CX, we would have enabled call diversion on our PSTN line simply by dialling *21* 0777123456 from the handset which would divert phone calls to a company mobile when we were out of the office.

I have tried the same function by dialling 9 *21*0777123456 on our new voip handset (we use 9 for outside line) but the call wont go through and i get an error tone which is coming from our SPA3102.

I have a feeling this is due to the dial plan for Line 1 on the SPA. The current plan is (*xx|[3469]11|0|00|[2-9]xxxxxx|1xxx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|xxxxxxxxxxxx.).

I honestly find it very hard to make any sense of dial plans!

Can someone advise how I can alter the dial plan to allow *21* to work?

Alternatively, is it possible to divert incoming calls to a mobile phone within 3CX itself?

This is a great forum community. Thanks in advance!

2. miraportuga

miraportuga Member

I have that very same problem, since SPA3102 uses * has a special character to make transfers, and so on, when you dial that you will be telling the SPA to do the thing that he has set has *21 wich if im not wrong is nothing....
    i tried to change this codes for 3 digit numbers, by simple adding a "x" on the dial plan on "*xx" also tried to add some other things to the dial plan and i managed to sucessfully make it working, the thing is, it would only work 1 time.. lol, i changed the dial plan, and after that, i managed to make it work...but just one time lol, after this time i couldnt make any more calls. What i add in this case was before the ")" |*200:*200
    This dial plan was used to say that whenever i dialed *200 he would make the call *200, you can try and change this to |*21*xxxxxxxx:*21*xxxxxxxxx
    Use has many x's has your phone numbers have there...

Cheers

3. nmangaoang

Hi,

Why not use call forwarding on the extension. Forward All Calls > Forward to outside number.

Regards,
    Nick

4. klawrence

That works fine too but its really a question of convenience. Its much quicker when leaving the office to dial 9*21*0777123456 on a handset than have to log into the web ui and change the extension options.

Anyone else found a resolution?

5. klawrence

problem resolved

I can set divert all calls from the SPA922 interface so everything is grand now!

Thanks for the replies

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.