Call don't forward through Grandstream

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by IsaidWOT, Nov 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IsaidWOT

So we're having this problem where we want a dummy extension to forward calls to a mobile number. The only problem is that it doesn't work. It doesn't appear that we can forward any calls externally. So I'm wondering what the problem might be. I'm including the server log here.

Normal outbound calls are working fine. The FXO gateway has 2 analog lines connected to it and we've verified that one is open at the time of testing.

Any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Why then do there appear to be 8 trunks for 3CX to attempt calls out on, 10008 to 10015? Do you plan on using those later?

Do you have a log, of a working call, from an extension to the same number for comparison?

Cause: 503 Service Unavailable/INVITE from 192.168.1.31:5060, is something I would expect to see if there was no physical phone line connected to the gateway.

Do you have a VoIP provider that you can try the same scenario with?

3. IsaidWOT

I didn't set the system up. I don't know why they left those other 6 ports open when there's nothing there to connect to. Should I disable them?

I'll see if I can try it with a SIP provider. That's a good idea.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you are only using two ports, then the remaining should be disabled (both in the gateway and in 3CX)to prevent a call attempt out on them. The gateway knows that there is no Tip Ring battery on some trunks but 3CX does not until it attempts an outgoing call. This may be contributing to the current the problem, but there might be something else as well.

As it stands, if the two working trunks were engaged and 3CX attempted a third call out, it would fail after being passed to the gateway rather than before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.