• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Call Drop issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

rameshchinnaa

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have installed 3cx call center edition with Skype connect VoIP gateway with few DID's and DID's are pointed to 3CX phone system Queues, All works fine most of the time.

But everyday I am getting complaint from our agents says that, When they were talking to customer suddenly voice getting break and some time agents couldn't able to hear the customer voice. This issue I conformed listening the recorded audio file. Initially I thought it might be the Firewall / bandwidth issue. But we have 20 Mbps internet leased line and in 3cx Firewall checker also seems to be okay.

And I am using the Cisco SPA 504g same network of the 3CX server. 3CX server on VMware and windows 7.

So please let me know what may be the issue which causing the call drop / break.

Many thanks,
ramesh.

You may need to do some investigation as to whether any devices (switches, etc) or other users (downloading/uploading?) are causing the problems. This may require swapping out some equipment to eliminate possible bottlenecks. Have you implemented any QOS features on your network to segregate voice and data?

Hi leejor,

Thank you for your reply...

QoS is not implemented, because we used only IP phones and 3CX Server connected in switch. And for Data traffic we used different network and switches.

Then I would suspect a hardware issue on the network. If you go from a router to a switch, then to the sets and your 3CX server, try a replacing/bypassing the switch. If ports are available, try connecting some sets directly into the router along with the 3CX server, see if that (those) set(s) continue to have problems.

Start with wire shark on the server. Let us know what you come up with.

Hi sigma,

Thank you very much for your suggestion.. But I don't know when to run the wire shark tool.

From past one week server looks stable till now.. Only few times on call voice was breaking.., which I conformed hearing the recording.

regards,
ramesh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.