Solved Call dropping after 2 minutes, problem started with the V15.5 BETA

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by rdf, Jun 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rdf

rdf

I have a Google Cloud Platform installation of 3CX PRO, with v15.5.
    Everything was working great, but since i upgraded (mistakenly) to the v15.5 BETA version, i began to experience call dropping after about 2 minutes into the call.

I hoped that with the release of the v15.5 RC and definitive v15.5 things would have fixed themselves, it was a beta after all.
    Sadly the issue persisted.

Furthermore I had to downgrade the firmware of all the Yealink phones to x.81.0.60 instead of x.81.0.61, otherwise no audio could be heard in calls between extensions.

Someone else has the same issues? Some idea how to fix this?

2. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

What VoIP Provider are you using?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. rdf

rdf

4. OCWI

OCWI New Member

Are you using STUN or a SBC? If STUN try a SBC, not the windows a one, a raspberry pi one.

5. rdf

rdf

I'm using STUN, the point of using cloud is not having any single point of failure on premises.
    I might go through the effort to set up an SBC but call between extensions works fine, AND it used to work fine before with the exact same setup. Moreover, the phones are set to use TLS(TCP) for Yealink and unencrypted SIP via UDP, both presenting the same issue.

If I have to guess i'd say the issue is on the trunk side, I'm going to try to contact the provider to see if they can help debug the first issue.

The seconds issue (no voice with fw x.81.0.61) has yet to be addressed.

6. OCWI

OCWI New Member

I would try a SBC for diagnostic, i really feel like that would resolve your issue. If single point of failure is a sensitive point put multiple SBC's on site, we have some sites where mission critical people are on their own raspberry pi SBC.

7. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

No I would leave on stun for now. That is proven to work. If there is 1 no problem. If there is a border device that works correctly and maps responsibly or the phones help the device by incrementing the port, (and no sip alg) then this can work and it will work really well.

Can we have 1 phone UDP mode. (then after also recheck the difference with tcp on another phone with the same firmware as the one you used before)
    Make a call via this trunk to your mobile? See if outgoing calls work.
    Then make an incoming call that routes to the same phone and see if that works and leave it connected.
    Are you sure the 2 min you mention is exactly 2 minutes?
    Is every case 2 minutes? Or the cases vary?

Go down and check basic calls for now. Also ensure you are on the latest update to have a solid version. The beta could not have done such drastic side-effects. Might be some border device. Where are the phones? Are there many phones behind the same border device?

Break the call down into smaller pieces. So we understand where the problem is.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. rdf

rdf

It seems that the 2 minute dropped call problem was a provider issue.
    It now seems resolved.

However I still can't update to the last Yealink firmware version (x.81.0.61), no audio is reproduced by the phone.
    I will open a different thread on the topic for clarity.

9. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Thanks for the update
    Yes open an issue on the yealink.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.