• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Call drops after 30-32 sec

Status
Not open for further replies.

xABKx

Reaction score
Hey,
can someone please help me. Cant do a internal to internal call for over 32 sec?
I get this log after 32 sec:
[CM113000] Registration for sip:[email protected] has expired

What sip phones are you using ? Also do you know the set registration experiation on your device? What is the calling extenstion number and the callee's number ?

I'm using 3cx softwarephones. And i'm calling from extention 100 to 101

Make sure you set both 100 and 101 to internal extentions, and make sure the 3cx soft phones are registering with the local ip not exteral (public ip) and dont use stun server with 3cx soft phone leave stun blank.

Questions:

- are the softphones and the 3cx on the same network segment (eg same IP and Subnet?)
- is there a router involved that routes to a different network?
- do you have a conversation when the call is dropped (a silent line gets dropped by the protocol)

The 32 odd seconds is typical for VoIP re-registration every 32 second or so it checks if you are still on the phone, that you are still the person you say you are ( well lets assume you are :lol: ).

So the problem you have is that somehow it buggers up the registration and drops the call.

Hi

I have same problem with dropping calls.
It's only incoming problems and not outgoing if deselect PBX delivers audio.

I had with help from Stepan done some trace.

This is a problem with firewall/NAT.

"Use External(STUN resolved) IP", INVITE from provider never come to to the PBX. It can happen in case if the Firewall tries to prohibits STUN resolution of forwarded ports and map it temporarily only for time of address resolving and immediately drops port mapping after resolving (some firewall do it but have option to disable hiding) or forward ports just in one direction (to PBX) but for outgoing packets choose random ports.

He also indicated running with out STUN "Specified IP" there was a bug in the PBX software.

/Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.