Call Drops Debugging Help Needed !

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by vazzY, Jan 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vazzY

I'm having trouble with a 3CX V15 and a custom VoIP provider. Actually I discarded one my ATA's through a LAN trunk and It's working marvelous.

Some incoming calls just drop or go mute after random time.

I could reach the call recordings which end premature, but in the activity log couldn't find them. No log at such time of the call and no log after seaching the call by the caller's DID.

Now increased the log verbosity to medium if any of those calls are traceable but could you help me with any other tip to debug this faulty calls?

Thank you in advance,

Julián

2. Brad Cann

Brad Cann New Member

search your logs for an "Ack" Event, if you have one its likely to be sip-alg related.

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You need to determine a pattern, which may give a clue as to what is happening.
    Do calls drop after a set time?
    Are both incoming and outgoing calls affected?
    Does this happen on calls answered/placed on different devices, or just to one device?
    There has to be a log showing the calls, even if not set to verbose.
    Did this just begin?
    What provider are you using, perhaps someone else had had experiences with them and can provide some insight.

4. vazzY

Thank you both for your help!!

I'll clarify a little my set up as leejor told me if it helps with the troubleshooting.

It's a small bussiness appliance with a Windows based server, one 4 fxs gateway and 1 fxo gateway. Incoming calls through MultiTEL.NET VoIP provider, and outgoing through the (1 fxo) PSTN line gateway.

It seems that outgoing calls are working just fine, so I'm thinking the problem may be coming from my ISP or the VoIP provider, that's why i'm trying to reach those calls in the activity log to track if it's a connection issue or some sip packet related.

Thank you once again!,

Julián

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.