Call drops in V10

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jhoneck, May 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhoneck

We just installed v10 and have been experiencing call drops from external callers after about 5 seconds. Has anyone had this experience? Had to roll back to v9 as a result.

2. matictec

matictec New Member

For us v10 rc2 run stable. only some issues with myphone

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

I have been running v10 since alpha version and have not experienced any dropped calls.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

What type of trunks/equipment? Is it on both incoming and outgoing? During conversation or when being transferred, etc.?

5. davidbenwell

davidbenwell Active Member

we have been on V10 for about a week now and its stable.

maybe you should (out of business hours) reinstall V10 and see what the issue actually is? or get one of us to take a deeper look for you.

6. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Call drops usually are network issues or incorrect router/firewall configurations.

Wireshark will show you why the call is dropping.

7. jhoneck

We are running 3cx on a WHS box connected to a Netgear UTM. All phones are IP phones connected to a Netgear POE switch. VOIP provider is Nexvortex. Have been successfully run this setup for several years. The attempt to upgrade to v10 caused one way audio initially which I was told a network issue related to a security feature. I was able to fix this by turning on the Stun server. I was later told by Mark Shehan with ABC123IT that 3cx was expecting audio on one port and it was being received on another. So, I assume that I will have to change the port forwarding on my router to fix this.

The dropped calls were only external calls. Internal calls seemed to work fine.

I understand that these are probably network related but they are also related to going to v10 from v9.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.