• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Call drops in V10

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhoneck

Reaction score
We just installed v10 and have been experiencing call drops from external callers after about 5 seconds. Has anyone had this experience? Had to roll back to v9 as a result.

For us v10 rc2 run stable. only some issues with myphone

I have been running v10 since alpha version and have not experienced any dropped calls.

What type of trunks/equipment? Is it on both incoming and outgoing? During conversation or when being transferred, etc.?

we have been on V10 for about a week now and its stable.

maybe you should (out of business hours) reinstall V10 and see what the issue actually is? or get one of us to take a deeper look for you.

Call drops usually are network issues or incorrect router/firewall configurations.

Wireshark will show you why the call is dropping.

We are running 3cx on a WHS box connected to a Netgear UTM. All phones are IP phones connected to a Netgear POE switch. VOIP provider is Nexvortex. Have been successfully run this setup for several years. The attempt to upgrade to v10 caused one way audio initially which I was told a network issue related to a security feature. I was able to fix this by turning on the Stun server. I was later told by Mark Shehan with ABC123IT that 3cx was expecting audio on one port and it was being received on another. So, I assume that I will have to change the port forwarding on my router to fix this.

The dropped calls were only external calls. Internal calls seemed to work fine.

I understand that these are probably network related but they are also related to going to v10 from v9.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.