Call extension as soon as handset is lifted

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by venkman, Feb 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. venkman

Hi,

I am testing the 3CX system to see if we can replace our current system, and one feature that we currently have is a phone in our unmanned reception, so when delivery drivers come, they lift the handset and that sends them straight to an extension.

So I am testing the Fanvil C62, and I need the phone to call an extension or a digital receptionist as soon as the handset is lifted (i.e. so the delivery driver does not have to dial any extensions.)

Thanks
    Jon

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

This can usually be done in the set itself if it has the ability to handle it's own dial-plans, as in many Cisco/linksys devices, or, in some cases, has a feature with a name such as as a "hot line" as in the case of the Fanvil.

see page 21 of the manual.

http://www.fanvil.com/images/user/UserM ... 224c62.pdf

3. donbru01

donbru01 New Member

Many device use this feature , HOTLINE or WARMLINE
    This feature isn't on 3CX Phone , need manage provisioning template file

4. venkman

Thanks both! Very much appreciated, got that working! And thanks for the link to the manual leejor; very helpful!

As you both seem to know your stuff, I wonder if you can help me with the last feature on my list to test?

The phone system we have now has a call group, and out of hours, if someone calls the number for the group it gets forwarded to a mobile. However, as well as the schedule we have a button on our phones that allows us to override the schedule (i.e. if we leave early one day, we press the button and then all calls to the group get forwarded to the mobile).

I can see how you could schedule it with the 3CX, however I have no idea how I would program a button to override the schedule. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance :)

5. Frank D

Frank D New Member

There are dialcodes to set the status. I think the default dial code is *3x, where x is the status you want to set (value 1,2,3,4 maybe 0 too). You Porgramm to speeddial buttons on the phone with the two stati you want to switch in between.

6. donbru01

donbru01 New Member

You can try this workaround :

- create a dummy extension ( no phone associated ) example 299
    - create a ring Group example 850
    - for extension 299 manage call forward in office to ring Group 850
    - for extension 299 manage call forward to mobile phone
    - create a scheduling in/out office
    - create a Emergency code example *64 for force in/out

Than when you want bypass scheduling you can make *64 and 0-1-2-3-4 ( vm say you what code ) and setup Force IN system
    Next day you can make *64 0-1-2-3-4 ( vm say you what code ) for return on scheduling

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.