Call Fails in Debug (IIS)

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by call3, Apr 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. call3

    Joined:
    Dec 24, 2009
    Messages:
    9
    Likes Received:
    0
    I've been running the IVR on Cassini with no issue. I just setup a new DL160 G6 w/Server 2008 and IIS. Now, if I deploy a release build, all works fine. But, if I deploy a Debug build, the test call I make fails within seconds.

    Here is the error on the ivr log file:
    14:12:26.349|6064|(0):Error! Module '3CX.com.OSBinet'. Error ID 219. URLhttp://localhost:5484/(S(a3ndhk45iktnrgmed3zqcg55))/Main_Debug_341/Main_DebugInfo.aspx?application.Main_NextComponentUri%*****"remove data to save space"******Main_Debug_341&session.ani=7194400998&session.callid=From_7194400998_To_854_Menu_854_%230%2F3&session.dnis=854MethodGETError-404
    14:12:26.349|6064|(0):Error! Module '3CX.com.OSBinet'. Error ID 204. rc50
    14:12:26.349|6064|(0):Error! Module '3CX.com.vxi'. Error ID 203. uriMain_DebugInfo.aspx
    14:12:26.473|6064|.\api\VXIpromptImpl.cpp(212):IvrDll, VXIpromptImpl::Impl::Queue(), Error! A serious error within IVR session

    Thanks,

    Vince Romo
    Call Flow Management Systems
    cfmsi.com
    719-264-8703
     
  2. VAD_Support

    VAD_Support Active Member

    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2009
    Messages:
    690
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi Vince,

    This seems to be something related to IIS sessions. The error reported is a 404 (page not found), and the URI contains the session information (S(a3ndhk45iktnrgmed3zqcg55)).

    Can you check the Web.config under the ivr site? The ivr site is located in %ProgramData%\3CX\Data\Http\Interface\ivr. There you should have something like this: <sessionState mode="InProc" timeout="20" cookieless="true"/>

    Also, any parameter changed in the IIS configuration related to session state should be reconsidered.

    Let me know if you can find the error with this information.

    Thanks,
     
  3. call3

    Joined:
    Dec 24, 2009
    Messages:
    9
    Likes Received:
    0
    I double check the file and I did find the <sessionState mode="InProc" timeout="20" cookieless="true"/>. Nothing has been changed in the IIS Session State. I did get the following event error:

    A process serving application pool '3CXApplicationPool' terminated unexpectedly. The process id was '5972'. The process exit code was '0xe0434f4d'.

    All calls work when I load the "Release Build". As stated above, the call fails 3-4 secs into the call, just when I use the "Debug Release".


    Thanks,

    Vince Romo
    Call Flow Management Systems
    cfmsi.com
    719-264-8703
     
  4. VAD_Support

    VAD_Support Active Member

    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2009
    Messages:
    690
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi Vince,

    Have you tried with another 3cx installation on another operating system using the same configuration (IIS)?

    Can you send me the project in a private message se we can test it here?

    Thanks,
     
  5. call3

    Joined:
    Dec 24, 2009
    Messages:
    9
    Likes Received:
    0
    No, Just Server 2008 Standard. I will send you the Project.

    Thanks,

    Vince Romo
    Call Flow Management Systems
    cfmsi.com
    719-264-8703
     
  6. VAD_Support

    VAD_Support Active Member

    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2009
    Messages:
    690
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi Vince,

    I have been doing some tests with the project. I can reproduce the error in any installation with IIS. I suspect that the problem is the querystring too long. The querystring length is 2394, and when I paste it in the Internet Explorer address bar, it is cut to 2048 chars...

    When you deploy in release mode, variables are not passed to the NAME_DebugInfo.aspx file, so you don't have this problem.

    Something you can try to check if this is the error is removing some project variables, or remove the initial assignment and assign them later using a Variable Assignment component. Then you can check the length of the URI in the 3CXIvrServer.log file.

    Let me know if you can do these tests...

    Thanks,
     
  7. VAD_Support

    VAD_Support Active Member

    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2009
    Messages:
    690
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi Vince,

    I have been doing some additional tests, and the problem is the 2048 chars limitation in IIS for the query string.

    But, that limit can be changed by configuration. I did it here, and the callflow started working. So, to change the configuration, do the following:

    1) Open the file %ProgramData%\3CX\Data\Http\Interface\ivr\Web.Config
    2) Add the following elements to the <system.webServer> section:

    <security>
    <requestFiltering>
    <requestLimits maxQueryString="8192" />
    </requestFiltering>
    </security>

    With that configuration, you move the limit to 8192.

    Please, check it out and let me know if it works.

    Regards,
     
  8. call3

    Joined:
    Dec 24, 2009
    Messages:
    9
    Likes Received:
    0
    Thank You!

    That did it.

    Thanks,

    Vince Romo
    Call Flow Management Systems
    cfmsi.com
    719-264-8703
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.