Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Call fails with "Cause: 302 Moved Temporarily"

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by kiliev, Feb 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kiliev

Hi Team,

I am experiencing the following situation. I am calling some number (over a SIP Trunk) and call fails. The logged event is as follows:

> Call(1790): Call to sip:XXXXX@87.227.149.XXX:5060 has failed;
    > Cause: 302 Moved Temporarily; from IP:87.227.149.XXX:5060

The provider support is telling me that in the Temporarily Moved message contact header they are providing the correct number to be dialed and they are expecting the 3cx on my side to send another invite using the provided contact.

They assumed i am using asterix and provided me with the following guidance:

In sip.conf add the line promiscredir=yes

Is this possible in the 3cx world? Any guidance?
    Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
    K

2. kiliev

Resolved.

Upgrade to version 9.

Then make the provider form the redirect like number@3cx-ext-ip-address and it all worked. <-this was nessesry as with the number formed like number@provider-ip the 3cx was unable to route the call.

cheers,
    K

3. PaulGarcia

There has to be some interaction as...

...it works when I do an internal redirect..e.g...on NO ANSWER, redirect on the Cisco phone. i.e. EXTERNAL CALL IN => x201, NO ANSWER then CALL x200, it works!

However when I try an external number on the cisco phone redircet. i.e..... EXTERNAL CALL IN => x201, NO ANSWER then CALL external number, it does not work. Server log ultimatly says...302 Mo0ved Temporarily.

It starts a new leg ok so is picking up the number, and gets to....

Contact: <sip:xxxxxxxxxx@10.56.24.10:5060> (where xxxxxxxxxx is the corrcet external number.)

and then the error as the external number is not on our 3CX, so fails.

Looking at the similar fault codes from previous versions on 3CX on this forum. It looks like the IP in this Contact sould be the provider IP.

Any ideas where I can change this? Any other suggestions?

4. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

I guess the question becomes why are you trying to redirect from the phone itself rather than the PBX? You are correct in you assessment in that 3CX is indeed the SIP server and the phone is trying to direct the call, but due to it using an internal address the system is looking internally.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.